I thought you might enjoy some things about our lives in the UK ...
We have a tea drawer! Look at all those options!
We have a double bed...yikes. Shockingly, our marriage is surviving this gross turn of fate. :) While we're at it, here is our bedroom. There is a lot of blue, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. There is so much space and it is very peaceful. Plus, Rachel left us this lovely duvet cover (and incidentally, I believe her predecessor, Becky, left it for her, as well as some great sheets- so thanks!).
The elliptical Josh got us for FREE! (Josh is on a huge health kick and is currently recording his work-outs and every single calorie he consumes on...you guessed it, a spreadsheet)
Now, back to the UK...GINORMOUS snails (thanks for the tip, RO!), which tickle Rebekah to no end. She has been known to coax them out of their shells by offering lush green grassy appetizers.
Same day- on our tire- AFTER we drove a few miles to KC Kangaroo's for the kids to play.
KC Kangaroo's- no such thing as a free play area at the mall, so here we are at KC Kangaroo's...for the first time since Luke has been able to crawl.
I could pretend Luke loved that, but he didn't. Fortunately, it made Rebekah's day, so it evened out.
Entertaining is quite different here...rarely does everyone get their own seat...or even sit at the same table.
Rebekah was bummed the chair blocked her face and requested a retake.
As if squeezing an extra table in our kitchen weren't (I tried the subjunctive here and realized it was an inappropriate usage since we did in fact squeeze in an extra table...so, yes, it should be wasn't) enough, let me remind you that we no longer have a dishwasher...well, we do, but it's me. :) So, after a quick washing up, a sweep, and a mop, we were all back in order. And, yes, the Ellises were worth it.



5 comments:
Love seeing your room! As long as Josh doesn't put you on a spreadsheet, you're okay! What a pile of dishes. I'm sure you enjoyed having company and the kids probably loved playing together.
Loved the slice of your life! Looking at the tea drawer reminded me of all the tea I drank while in Scotland - the peppermint is quite tasty! Rebekah amused me in that she requested a retake so her face would show!! You'll continue to get better smiles as she looks at herself on the camera - she has improved by the way.
Well, we greatly enjoyed hanging out with you, so thanks!
I can't believe you mentioned the snail and not the awesome stone turtle. Lily loves that turtle. :)
A rather entertaining post. BTW, slugs with shells are called snails. Just for the record :)
Ha!! I am the dishwasher too!! We have so much in common. We have one but it is broken. I want a tea drawer! Luke is all over the place! Hi Rebes!! I loved the pics you sent btw.
Post a Comment