Saturday, August 29, 2009

NCT goodness

The day of the NCT sale finally arrived! This is a highly anticipated day where we moms queue 45 minutes early to be some of the first inside a massive "garage" sale. Plus, this time, Kate, Rachel G, and I were sellers, so we spent countless hours prepping our clothes with price tags, etc., organizing, loading the car(s)- it all required 2 cars!!- unloading 3 sellers' worth of stuff, leaving, going back for the sale, queuing for 30 minutes to check out, then going back for any unsold items that I/we wanted back. Yikes- long day, especially for the dads who took care of our kids solo! (I know that Josh and the kids had a great day by the stories I heard!!)


My haul...I didn't feel confident until I looked at it all again in line...then I was psyched! Now, interestingly, for the first time ever, I was actually in need of clothes for Rebekah! Especially church clothes- the girl loves to dress up. :) Good girl. I have a lot for Luke until he's 2, so I only got him a winter coat and a few shirts.

Let me highlight a few faves...

Pink trench: 2 pds

Luke's winter coat- army green: 3 pds

This was from seller 53- I know b/c Kate and I drooled over her stuff, but she over-priced it (like 2.50 instead of 1, which makes a big difference when you're buying a lot)...I didn't want to reward her for charging too much, but I had to get a few things...like this...

Check out this killer wool coat!!! 4 pds- my most expensive item- I think it's a 5-6, but Rebekah is every bit a 4/5 in UK sizes...when did that happen????

I LOVED this skrt- 1 pd!!!

This outfit rocks, too...dress, leggings, and headband- 4 pds! The girl who rang me up said it was her daughter's 4th birthday party outfit...she also wished she had seen that brown skirt!

I also thought this red corduroy dress with the buttons (down the back, too) would be fun during the Christmas season.

These are corduroy capris- I was picturing some great tights underneath and a thick sweater...

This was fab! I am thinking a solid long-sleeved tee and jeans underneath...

I couldn't pass these white capris by...

Or this teal dress...thinking over bright tights or leggings with tall boots...yes, we have some.

I am a sucker for bright sweatshirts and layering.

The kids after the sale...Luke was making faces at me... :)

Rebes was super-excited about the new shoes I found her- one pair pink, the other bronze. She also asked if she could pick out her church outfit tomorrow...um, maybe...if you choose the brown skirt and bronze shoes...

All in all, I got 35-ish items for 45 pds...not bad!

5 comments:

Geer Family said...

shutup! I want to go!!!!

Geer Family said...

and why are european clothes so much cuter than american!?!

Carrie Sterner said...

Score Emily! There are so many fun things in really fun prints. R is going to look so stylin! Can't wait to see her in some IN MY HOUSE in Nov!

Becky McCord said...

WOW!! You found the best stuff!! I am so impressed! I especially love that coat for Luke. Can't wait to see them in all their new stuff in Nov.!

Mamama said...

Great shopping!! Did you make some money too with your sales?