We moved into our new flat on Wednesday!! We LOVE it! I will post pictures when I have decorations hung, etc...anyway, it is so great to be back in Aberdeen and to see friends again and have our own place. It is 2-bedroom, but with a loft, so we all have our own rooms (well, Josh and I still share one, of course). Rebekah loves her room and her play house for her birthday was delivered yesterday! She was super-excited and practically lives in it. In fact, Luke is pretty taken with it also- glad I went for the primary-ish colors rather than pink!
As usual, my kids astound me in their flexibility- maybe adaptability is a better word. We arrived at 9:30am and Luke went down for a 2-hr nap without a peep (typical honestly) at 9:45am. Both kids took afternoon naps and I was so thankful to have that time to unpack. Luke is in that delightful stage where when you flip on the light to get him up from sleep, he is either sitting or standing and knows exactly which way to face to see you right away. He just beams at me and/or giggles when he sees me. Melts my heart.
Today I worked on framing pictures and am debating how much of a shrine to devote to my precious children. Against my better judgment, I am thinking I will frame them a lot...I mean, you saw RO's handiwork- how could I not frame 50 of my faves??
I also must say how wonderful it is to have groceries delivered to my door! Knowing we would arrive on Weds morning, I set up a delivery for that afternoon and had groceries for the week without leaving my flat!
I also have to mention a few perks of this flat: eat-in kitchen- this means I can actually feed my kids in the very same room I prepare food!! There is a box in the freezer where I can dump ice cubes! That's right, I have enough freezer space to make as many ice cubes as I want via trays and there is also room to store them outside of the trays! The back "garden" is right out back of the kitchen, which affords Rebekah plenty of outdoor play time while I work in the kitchen or play with her (did I mention we have a play house?). Storage galore! We have real closets- you know, those things with doors on them? We have more than 1 and a basement to boot! We are also a mere 4-5 minutes form campus and you know we go there a lot!
Another little treat today was when we visited the HUB for the first time in a month. We arrived to find that the little shop where R gets a tiny bag of Skittles was closed for stocking. However, they saw us, unlocked the door, and pulled out a birthday present for her from behind the counter! It was a princess cup with 2 bags of Skittles and a card that said Happy birthday, Rebekka! They knew she had a k in her name so they did their best. Precious, no? I guess my darlings make quite an impression.
As you can see, we are doing great! Now, just pray that Josh can finish his master's dissertation, so we can move onto PhD work thereafter...
And the winner is….
9 years ago



6 comments:
We're so thankful you are IN! Can't wait to see pictures of the playhouse with children playing. Great that Bekah can play out back and you can keep an eye on her through the kitchen window. We're praying for Josh and he completes his paper for second master's degree so he can move on to PhD!!
That's great Emily! You sound really happy. I love reading the cute things your kids do and look forward to the different phases with Cody....like him sitting in the crib like Luke is doing. Too cute!
Yes, they are chunky legs. Yes we will all meet you when you're here. Yes your girl is a brain surgeon. And mr. Luke will no doubt walk one day. I will say that Charlie walked later than Ty and she still falls all the time??? It's like she's just not as coordinated as he is or something. Or maybe it's just the extra weight she's hauling around.
Excited to see pics of your new place!
So glad you are in and happy! That is so sweet about the skittles and cup just waiting for her!!!!
Oh, I can't wait to see our old place! I hope you love it every bit as much as we did. It is a wonderful home. Wait until you get to experience a sunset over the bowling green or hear the roar of the crowd from Pittodrie.
Lots of love to you,
Becky xxx
What a blessing! I'm happy you guys made the move alright, and are thrilled with your new place. You deserve the extra space! Definitely post pictures when you can!
Post a Comment