On Friday we went to Balmoral Castle. It ended up being a very nice day and even though it was an hour drive out there, both kids did great both trips and during our exploration.
Here are various shots of the grounds, stable, museum-type place, and castle.
Buddy and me as we walked up to the castle.
The entrance gate- it was about a 10-minute walk.
No idea- just thought the men in my life would enjoy the antlers. :)
The stables.
Bunny and I liked the red sleigh and wished there were snow to ride in...
Dad- you would have appreciated this!
Different china patterns with the Queen's family...I would never wnat to look at my own face while eating...to each her own!
A cafe where we ate a picnic lunch
The many faces of Rebekah Grace Malone upon being asked to smile.
These are all the castle and grounds....
I guess the Queen (of England) visits here anytime August-March- the castle is only open to visitors April-July because of that. I liked the grounds, but I don't think they looked as nice as they would with an impending royal visit. I was also super-sad that only the dining room was available to be seen, though happily surprised we got to see the Queen's gowns (no photography sadly). Much to my dismay, the Queen is in fact quite frumpy. Such a shame to have that kind of resources and waste it on frumpy lavender and teal sequins. Sigh. Imagine what Diana's closet was like!!
Resting is sooo much better when done in style. No, she did not nap in the car, but only because we kept her awake as she was falling asleep the last 5 minutes. Both kids crashed at home.
Much more exciting, Luke is pulling up everywhere- you have to remember he has only been crawling for a month, so we had no idea how long more developments would take! He can climb up stairs now, too...sigh... :) He isn't cruising a lot, but R never cruised, so I'm not holding my breath. He also has been standing in his pack n play a few times when he wakes up. His big sister is his biggest fan and can be commonly seen cheering him on and giving a detailed report of what he can do.



6 comments:
The castle and grounds are beautiful. We didn't get to see them during our stay in Scotland, so I'm a bit jealous. ;)
Also, totally agree about the shocking lack of flare in the wardrobe area. But I'm reminded she's a child of WWII and very practical indeed. heh-heh!
So glad you guys are enjoying your time with family. So sweet!!!
It is like you are living a fantasy! Amazing all the things you are getting to see and do. I hope Rebekah can remember some of these things in the years to come. Love the shot with you and the little man!
Frumpy!!?? :)
I can't believe the queen still goes there and you could too!
Love the pics of Rebekah's smiles. Precious!
Elizabeth's top two molars broke through while we were with inlaws in AZ. It has continued to be rough here too. I didn't realize it was a whole month of torture! It is causing her to be VERY clinging and VERY sensitive.
Miss you friend!
The pic you had no idea, I think are the larders....the place where they hung the deer meat out to dry. If you watch the movie "The Queen" pretty sure it's is in that movie and it gives an idea of what it does/is like inside. Sure that isn't what it is today, but back in the day it was :)
Totally awesome. Talk about 'background knowledge' for ole Bunny! That first pic is my favorite pic of your ever in the world. I want a copy. I will save it and print it.
Post a Comment