Tuesday, July 28, 2009

3 year old pics...as promised!

Several years ago, my best friend (aka Shannon Morton) mentioned how great 3-yr-old pictures are. She believed they capture the child in between the infant and the adult- still the sweetness of your baby, but the beginnings of a distinctive look that will characterize them for life. I made a mental note and have been eagerly anticipating this photo shoot for more than 3 years! A big shout out for my sweet photographer, Rachel, who is so patient and creative! Rachel had the idea of going to Crathes Castle...great backdrop! Anyway, sweet Rebekah really did try to smile...you can guess where she's posing and where Rachel caught her in action.

Here's my girl...her many looks :)

side note: I put my faves first, but in no order...not sure which is my absolute favorite...maybe the first one? Perhaps the 5th...so Rebekah!





17 comments:

Carley said...

OH my gosh! Those are amazing. I'll have to remember the 3 year pic idea for Cody. :) She is beautiful and full of personality.

Geer Family said...

absolutely stunning! thnx for the 3yr old tip

Mamama said...

Wow!! Fabulous photos - thank you Rachel!! much love to you -

Mary said...

Okay 2,5,11 are my favorites...and I have been around R all of thirty minutes in her whole life so my faves are based on the beauty of the pics alone. All of them are beautiful!

Andrea G. said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I love the blue door pic, the one with the blue bow in the special color and the ones with daisy! Oh and the far away one of her in the arch! WOW! Do you guys have places to print 8 by 10 and 5 by 7s of whatever you want like here?

Miss you!

Nana Phyllis said...

Of course, I think they are all great. Hope to be able to print a few of them to frame. Great job Rachel - what a great way to capture our little princess - castle and wand.

Kristin Barnett said...

I love these! Your little girl is so beautiful! Rachel did a fabulous job!

Sarah M said...

LOVE all of them! Especially 2,3,4 and 5. You guys made some pretty precious kiddos!

Jill said...

Those are AWESOME, Em! Love them, love the photography, HATE YOUR FRIEND BECAUSE SHE IS SO TALENTED WITH THE LENS, love Rebecca's cutie self, love Scotland, HATE YOUR FRIEND BECAUSE SHE IS SO TALENTED WITH THE LENS. Ha ha. I'm just kidding, Rachel. :) I'm just jealous! Thanks for sharing them!

Smiley Jane said...

Can you guess which one is my favorite????? The second one!! I love it and want to blow it up to 700X950 to look at each morning. They are all awesome! You have cutest kids, best photographer, and best Scottish backgrounds!

M. Schlansker said...

Awesome pics! So adorable. And a great tip about the 3 year pics.

Mark and Rachel said...

Thanks for all the compliments :) Glad you are enjoying them! I had a blast taking them!

Emmy said...

Emily, this is Aunt Emmy. I read what you wrote on Mary's blog! If you lived closer, I would take yours, too! (It really does make me treasure my single solitary life.) By the way, I love 2, 5, and 8. I read so much of your blog (even archives) that I feel like I know R well. (I am not a stalker, though... promise.)

Korrin said...

Those are beautiful! I love them all! : )

Carrie Sterner said...

Love the many sides these show of Rebekah. Of course I must comment much because we would have a long conversation about these at my house were you here. :) So here is what I love: #1 sweetness, #2 her delight, #3, the look of innocence, #5 the twinkle of fun in her eye, #6 the touch of quirky, #7 sheer preciousness, #8 looking far too old, #10 her cautious side, #11 delicate like the flowers she gazes upon, #12 the fun confidence. These are my thoughts Emily, just in case you wondered. :)

Emily, they really are amazing. Love them! Rebekah is beautiful in so many way. Thanks for sharing! Love you all!

Bethany said...

Those are WONDERFUL pictures!!! Of course the subject being photographed helps a lot too! ;)

Derricca said...

These are amazing! She looks so grown up in the polo shirt. They all are so great. I think my fav is the black and white in the tall grass.