Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, my dear one!

Rebekah- how can you be 3 already???? I feel like I just did this for your 2nd birthday. :) We have so much going on right now with Nana and Papa's visit and our own move to several new places, not to mention the fact that we live in Scotland!! In the midst of all this, I am reminded again of how wonderful YOU are! Through it all, you have handled our constant change with enthusiasm and excitement. You totally trust us that what we say is true and that you will always be all right. You love adventure and are willing to try lots of new things, though often with caution.

Rebekah, I love so many things about you. I had NO idea that every day would be more and more fun, and that you would never cease to make me proud to be your mama. You love so intensely, so loyally. You will always have friends because of that. You are tender and compassionate and love taking care of others. You are eager to please and quick to say you're sorry. You already love Jesus, at least what you understand of Him, and I imagine you are a source of joy for Him, too.

You have more words than I can count! I am amazed, not only by your ability to articulate yourself, but also by the sheer number of your words! You are a running commentary on what you observe, as well as what you are currently doing. As your Nana points out, I am curious what my first teacher-parent conference for you will be like!

You are so bright and shiny- you make me smile all the time, and I often snatch you up just to tell you how much I love you. You are so generous with your hugs and kisses. I am blessed by how many times you tell me you love me of your own accord. I feel like the best mommy around you.

Oh, Beks, you truly are the most wonderful daughter I could have. I simply adore you and would not change a single thing about you. Not a single thing.

I love you. Happy day- today is your special day, but it feels like mine. :)

How bout a little trip down memory lane?

Her BIRTHday- she made the best faces from day 1 and had the hugest nose! She was also the most alert newborn I have ever seen.

My first and last Diet Coke at that time- for those of you who know me, quite a big sacrifice for me! I didn't drink it while pregnant or nursing- almost 2 years! I'm making up for it now.

Kate- this reminded me of Callum.

Her 1st birthday with Nana and Papa

Her 1st birthday with Mamama and Grandi (we call her Bunny, so I made her a bunny cake)

Sweet Auntie Rachel sent her a bunny she MADE!

Her 2nd birthday with Mamama and Grandi- we had just chopped her hair and she was starting to look so old!

My sis-in-law and my niece, Riley Jane- doesn't it seem like we have switched daughters?

Her 2nd birthday with Nana and Papa- Nana showed her cake-making abilities early on
(As you can see, we like to celebrate birthdays at least twice! )

Check back and I will post pics of her actual birthday festivities.

4 comments:

Kate E. said...

A very happy birthday to Rebekah! We miss you and are ready for you to return to Aberdeen!

That one pic does look like Callum, but only that one. Curious. Although Brannan says all babies at that age look alike. :)

It is fun to see pictures of your kiddos when they were little. So cute!

Mary said...

So sweet! She looks completely different than as a baby--with the exception of a few expressions. Isn't it weird how they change? She was a beautiful baby and of course is a beautiful big girl now!!

Andrea G. said...

Happy 3 year old birthday Rebekah! I sure remember that 1st birthday party :) Can't believe we have missed out on two now! We wish you the best day! So glad family and friends can be there to celebrate! She truly does bring joy to so many and love how she makes you feel like the best mama and makes you so proud Em!! Blessings to you all!!

Mamama said...

Happy Birthday Rebekah - what a blessing you have been to all of us! We love you Rebekah so very much, and I agree with everything your beautiful Mama said about you. You are a delight in every way -