Friday, July 10, 2009

Our transition house

This is our transition house in Banchory. We are out of our flat, but the new flat isn't ready for us until the 29th. We visited the family who lives in this house in April and they randomly mentioned us being able to use it this month for a minimal rent, which has allowed us to move out from the old flat and wait on the new flat. Plus, with family in town, it has been wonderful having the extra space! This is a 4-bedroom, 3 bathroom (THREE!!!!!), 1 study, 1 big living room, 1 computer room, and a great kitchen...wow! (By the way, Banchory is a charming little town about 45 minutes from Aberdeen.)

The front...hopefully nobody is stalking us...

Our view from the front yard...did I mention we live in Scotland?

The front area- we will have stairs in the new place, so it is good practice. Rebekah's rule is to have one hand on the rail at all times. Luke just looks at them longingly. He has pulled up to standing a few times around them...uh oh.

The living area...it is a long room that goes out into the great backyard with a sliding door.

The sliding doors.


The computer room with Nana...

The very packed study for Josh to work from home.

The kitchen- eat-in- yea!!

The view of the backyard from the master

The master- it has an in-room master bath...glorious!

Rebekah's room- it is princess-themed!!

Luke's room

Nana and Papa's room


As much as I'm liking being here, I do miss the city and definitely my friends! I am also finding myself sad because as excited as I am about our new flat, it means that my dear friend, Rachel and her family, will be moving out of it. :( So, I am trying not to get too sad, but it is hard to keep it out of my mind.

8 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Praise the Lord for the extra space just when you needed it and a house for the time you needed it! Good thing you did get a car! Enjoy your hotel like master bath :)

Derricca said...

I LOVE it! I can see you beaming through the screen! :)

Kate E. said...

We miss you too! Although that house is really nice. I think both of our families could live there. :)

The Green Family said...

Wow! What a great place!! Miss having you around this week too, Em. And I don't want to think about leaving just yet . . . :-(

Mamama said...

Wow!!!! That is truly amazing - wonderful vacation spot for 3 weeks!! You have to be loving the additional room - are you having a hard time finding each other in all that footage?? I'm very happy for the six of you - enjoy!

Mamama said...

Wow!!!! That is truly amazing - wonderful vacation spot for 3 weeks!! You have to be loving the additional room - are you having a hard time finding each other in all that footage?? I'm very happy for the six of you - enjoy!

Mary said...

I'm with everyone else--wow what a great place to be! It looks like the kids had a blast at the party and the cake--I'm impressed--really what talent. Wish I could run over to see the new place! I'm still planning on Scotland if I ever run away from home :)

Shannon said...

Thank you for taking all those pics!!! I love seeing them since it helps me to imagine a little of what life looks like for you. :)

Sure miss you sweet friend. You are a treasure!