Monday, July 13, 2009

Rebekah's Birthday

I feel like this is the 100th post about R's bday, but for family, I really wanted y'all to see each part of our festivities!

Rebes has been sleeping in, so we waited eagerly for her to wake up! Finally, at 7:45, I went in to a very sweet little girl- I had Luke in my arms, and she cried out, "Lukey, it's my birthday!"

This was excitement for presents!

Birthday hugs and Nana even remembered that she had promised hugs from my mom, too!

Rebekah loved opening her gifts! She is getting an art table and a playhouse when we move, but she doesn't know yet! So, Nana brought a TON of art supplies, clothes, books, and fun DVDs. The art stuff was a fave for sure. I also found a princess "video camera" that has now documented every flower in the neighborhood.

Rebekah was so excited to play with her art stuff! I wisely (if I say so myself) had her open this stuff first while we had plenty of time for her to get her hands on it all- rathe rthan right before church of a nap or meal. That's the worst- get a greta present you can't play with! Anyway, I thought her faces were priceless.

There were like 2 hours when it wasn't pouring, so we took R and L to a small amusement park while we waited for our take-out order from a local Indian restaurant.

Rebekah loved the carousel!

The proud parents of a precious 3 year old!

She also got to play at the park.

And drive a motor boat!

Luke and Papa enjoyed from the sidelines.

Rebekah had her amazing castle cake last weekend, so we did special ice cream- tons of chocolate! Do you think she's excited?

We had a great day- the only hard part was when it was over- little one did not want to go to sleep! She actually didn't fight bedtime at all- just verbalized her sadness that her special day was over. :) Sweet girl!

5 comments:

trina said...

I LOVE her faces!
What a great birthday!

Becky McCord said...

I love you Rebekah and you look so beautiful- just like your mommy. Fall will be here before you know it and we will PARTY with Baby Billy!

Andrea G. said...

I LOVE her hair in the pj pics! So cute with the bangs sideways and the bow! :)

P.S. Does that mean that Riley Jane is going to be a big sister?

Shannon said...

So, so wonderful!!! Thank you for documenting these precious moments.

Happy Birthday, dear Rebekah!! We miss you and love you. :)

(I can't believe how big she is! Remember my words: now is the time to get that nice portrait done. She is such a beautiful blend of toddler and big girl! Love it!!)

Grandmama said...

Somehow I missed this post - love it! Love the delighted birthday girl's expressions - what a sweetie! Thank you Phyllis for remembering the birthday hug from me. Love you all -