Rebekah has been soooooooooooo excited that Nana and Papa were coming! Us, too, actually! Truth be told, we just love Josh's parents! They flew in on Monday and have adjusted beautifully. They both managed to sleep on the plane and the past 2 nights fairly well. I wasn't sure how long they'd take to adjust, but I knew all was well when 1) we played a game the day they arrived at 9 pm! and 2) Nana and I spent afternoon nap time shopping within 24 hours of their arrival! Phyllis is the ONLY woman who can outshop me! It has also been nice to have 4 extra hands- Mike is game for anything and doesn't mind staying with kids or a sleeping kid while we galavant around. Thanks, Papa!
We did have a scare that a bag didn't arrive, but it was delivered within a few hours and my, what a fun bag it was!! I sent Phyllis a massive list of needs and wants for all of us, from food, to stuff we'd like for our new flat next month, to clothes for all of us. She got it all. Maybe you missed that- ALL. I was so excited- it was like mini-Christmas! Just like when my mom came bearing gifts, I was like a litle kid going through it all! Phyllis had the added advantage of getting to bring more luggage due to there being 2 adults' worth of allotted baggage, and cool weather clothes being on sale in TX, so she stocked up for us! I am just tickled and blessed beyond belief. Thanks, Mike and Phyllis, for taking the time and spending the money to spoil us so much!
She'll kill me for posting this pic- we were trying out our new camera they picked up for us (thanks agin!) and promised it wouldn't be posted, but it turned out so cute! I loved it.
Both kids LOVE Nana and Papa. Srriously, I have hardly touched my children the past 3 days. Luke has truly turned a corner with his added skill of crawling and that freedom has chaged everything about him. He is so content, I am just beside myself. (Granted, his sleep has seriously waned and he cries almost every night at bedtime- hard and for a LONG time :( but his daytime attitude is PRECIOUS, so I guess it's a trade-off. He also has a massive molar poking thru, which can't be fun...always teething- do they really need TWENTY teeth?)
Nana playing with both kids...it was so sweet, we had been talking to R about when they were coming and it ended up being easiest to explain, "You'll sleep 3 more times before they come...2 more times, next time you wake up, they'll be here!" Sure enough, she woke up, I wnet in, and in a very sleepy, but excited voice, she asked, "Are Nana and Papa here?!"
We have a fun weekend and week coming up..i"ll tell you about it next time!



5 comments:
So, I'm not understanding why you put up a picture of a bunch of shirts.... Is that to signify your shopping trip?
"Christmas" is so much more fun in the middle of the year when you're stuck in a place where the things are you used to aren't as easily accessible. Yeah for the two bag allowance!
So glad that they are able to visit! I hope that you have a wonderful time and take lots of advantage of the extra help! I'll be praying for the move...
OK. So that pic of Luke on the wing is absolutely FAB!!! :-)
ummmm . . . I meant "swing", not "wing". :-P Whoops!
Post a Comment