Saturday, May 23, 2009

SWIMMING!

So...Josh was supposed to take Rebekah on a date this morning. I even came up with a great idea, but I wanted to do it so badly, Josh was kind enough to let Luke and me tag along! You see, the other day, R was flipping thru a Scottish catalog and saw plastic pools. She immediately thought of TX and insisted she LOVED swimming...I'm not sure who buys outdoor pools in northern Scotland, but we're not among them. I did remember that there was a leisure park right next to the beach- indoor that we have been wanting to try and just hadn't. So, questioning whether I should tell Rebes the plan, I threw caution to the wind, and told her we were going...SWIMMING! She was beside herself!!!! See below:

Admiring herself

I did try to call to make sure it was open, etc., but got no answer. My plan was to sit next to her as she walked through a tiny kiddie pool. We arrived and, to our dismay, discovered that the pool was HUGE and an adult absolutely HAD to swim, too. Now I love swimming, but I hate being in a swimsuit to the point that I don't have one here. So, imagine Rebekah's face when she saw all the kids swimming- sheer delight. Then, imagine her face when we told her we couldn't swim. :( She was devastated. If she had been a brat, it would have been easier to leave. That fact was that she was very brave...so brave, in fact, I briskly walked to the front desk and asked if they sold suits and floaties. In fact, they did. Out of total love for my daughter, I squeezed myself into a suit and got her the right gear and we were off! Honestly, it was GREAT! We are already looking forward to our next visit- the pool was heated and a blast! Even Luke enjoyed it- actually his favorite part was when we got out and stood in a heater- it blew hot air on you to dry off faster- he was grinning ear to ear.

We would have more pics of us playing except Josh was politely told no cameras. Fair enough.

The other evening Rebekah saw her first rainbow. I was so excited to hear her daddy explain that it was a sign from God that He would never flood the earth again, etc...anyway, precious one made "rainbows" with her hands on the condensation on the windows.

If you look closely, you can see her "big rainbow" and "little rainbows."

Luke has learned how to drink from a sippy cup-- by himself!!! Josh described him as "drunk with his own power" this evening as he drained 2 cups of milk!

5 comments:

Grandmama said...

I love the story about Rebekah and going swimming!! It just doesn't take all that much (bus ride for example) to delight her so I can imaging her disappointment at not being able to swim - especially remembering her squeals and giggles when she was having so much fun in the frigid water at the beach, and all I could think about was I'd never been so cold in all my life! I'm so glad you bought a suit and floaties and went swimming with her!!

Geer Family said...

You go Swimsuit Beauty! Your last comment on my blog was MUCH appreciated.
p.s. no idea who Manny is either ;)

Shannon said...

You are an ace of a mama, Emmie! Love that you guys went to the pool together and had such a great time.

Sounds like Rebes is a little fish. :)

Mary said...

Yay for swimming! Glad you found the place to do it :) Yes it was hot but it was also like College Station humid...you don't miss that part friend!

Becky McCord said...

Oh I was feeling you this weekend Em as I sported a very non-chic matenity swimsuit in front of Billy and friends so I could share in the pool fun with Doodles. It was so worth it.