There is no rhyme or reason to this post- just felt like 2 posts in a row without pictures might be trying your patience.
This was earlier in the week- yes, you guessed it, on campus! I love going there b/c we can walk and it's just so darn close....and pretty. I am loving the spring- I so love being outside, so it is wonderful to have more spring- like weather, altho I hear the end of May is the best, so we're getting close to leaving the "best" behind. :( Oh well- we'll still be outside- a lot! I am amused at the variety of clothing on the natives- from full-out jackets to tank tops and shorts. They are total lightweights and get HOT in the upper 60's... :)
I was proud of myself for braiding her hair. Not my best work, but it's hardly worth perfection (and let's be honest, I am far from a perfectionist) when her soft, fine hair comes out of braids so quickly. However, I did discover that 2 braids rather than her usual 1 lasted until after lunch, which was quite a find!
This was last night on the way to the store for a milk and yogurt run. She found my hat and put it on backwards and was just jammin' in the back.
The lovely flowers Josh got me/us for our anniversary. Aren't they awesome?
This morning on campus- Rebekah goes, "Somebody's getting in Luuuuke's seat....it's Rebekah!"
Luke mid-snack- snacks have become extremely important to little man. In fact, snacks are the ONLY thing Luke will feed himself consistently. He also lives and dies for yogurt of any kind. Otherwise, he would be a walking, no, crawling, no, sitting carb! Seriously, I have learned I can't give him crackers or anything like that with a meal b/c once he has those, I have no chance of feeding him anything else! He lives on a TINY amount of food- it's crazy. I remember the same thing of Becs, too, but her tiny amount was much more varied- she loved fruit and meat, whereas Luke simply does not. I am not worried- this is normal and he only gets what I initially serve him- meaning, I don't cave and go get yogurt when he won't eat what I have. He still sleeps fine and after pouting about it, he is okay, even after almost skipping some meals. I will win and he will learn to eat more foods! ;)
This made my day! I had been driving his car all over him and going "vrooom." So, when I put the car down, he immediately picked it up, started driving over himself and going "MMMMMM"! Awesome boy!! He really is so cute and clever.
Also, this morning was the first time EVER he has been SITTING in his crib, waiting for me! He has only been able to push himself to sitting for a 3 or 4 weeks now and the sleep sack is a hindrance, so I was quite impressed!
Anyway, this is a buidling on campus and I LOVE ivy, so I finally took the time to photgraph it, albeit not well. This is where I want to do this year's Christmas picture, but in October or early Novmeber so the ivy will be really fallish! (RO, take note. ;))
Rebekah, as you know I am sure, ;) has serious language skills- she totally knows how to transform words into other parts of speech, especially into adjectives. For example, Josh calls a "poop" a "deuce" to be funny, so R will ask me to come check her "deuce"- which means her bottom to see if she needs more help with wiping. Anyway, the other day, we passed a dog poop and R asks, "What smells deucey?" Also, she asked if she could use more chapstick because she wanted her mouth to be "chapsticky." On another note, yesterday Rebekah came for help, yelling, "Mom! This is upside down and I need it upside UP!"



7 comments:
Duly noted. It will be fab for sure! Loved the last paragraph!
I'm glad you're winning with food as I do know how Luke LOVES yogurt!! Great photos and Rebekah continues to amaze and humor me with what all she has to say . . .
Rebekah is amazing. I mean really. And you live in an absolutely beautiful place. I know you are aware...but it's looking really good compared to the flatness around here :)
Great pictures. Can't believe how long Luke's hair is since his haircut. Rebekah continues to amaze me with her language skills. Can't wait to see/hear all their new antics in a month!!
Nana
Ha hAHA HAAA!!! I love the upsided UP! She really is creative and a linguist like you!!! I also love the car sounds Luke is making! Such a boy. I'm getting so excited!! Will he have a boy cousin to lay with?? Riley Jane said he doesn't want either.
Oh my gosh!!!! Same food problem with Darton. I am so glad I am the only one who has a boy who won't eat! Very tiny amounts and you NEVER know what he is going to like or not like. I always cave an give him his milk bottle. His daddy puts up a fight when he's home and the wkends and makes our picky man eat. If I make it a big deal my frustration will become anger, so I'm jsut dealing with it. SOOOO GLAD to hear Luke is the same.
Precious glimpses into the Malone life. Thanks for each one!! And I'm totally a fan of the double braids. The singleton always has wispys by day's end.
Love you!
Post a Comment