Thanks to all who have checked on me since my mom's departure. Mom kissed both kids goodbye Sunday night, but we decided to let her wake R up to say goodbye again. Rebekah ended up doing great- she has mentioned Mamama a lot, but usually follows "I miss her" with "We will see her again this Christmas." Honestly, it has been harder for me. :) I miss my mom, my constant companion, and loved sharing our lives here with her. It was so nice to have backup and someone to laugh with as the kids did funny things. Of course, it was also nice to have backup for dishes, dates, chores, and fussy times. :) I think I had a stomach bug this am (it's going around our group- all the ladies anyway- so, no, I am NOT pregnant- don't even think such a thing) and was so wishing Mom was here to help! I am better now, tho. Thanks, Mom, for all you did, brought us, bought us, and did with us! We love you so, so much!
This is my super-too-cool-for-school (or at least this high chair) Luke. These are the times we think of my brother, Billy. Luke is the baby version of adult Billy. He could be Riley Jane's sibling- they both look just like him! We think so anyway. Luke sometimes acts like my bro, too- such as wringing his hands exactly the same, refusing to do things in our timing, giving us looks like these, being extremely clever, etc. He really is super-smart- I just started consistently doing sign language and he has already picked it up- he will do "more" very precisely by using his fingertips for Goldfish and foods he really loves. Like Rebekah, "more" means "I want" to Luke- so if he wants me, to do something else, or food, etc., he will sign "more". He also signs it when we ask him how big he is- he gets confused I think between throwing his hands up and signing more- you see, they both have brought him tons of praise, so why not do both? Today before lunch, he signed "eat"- it may have been coincidence, but I was quite impressed.
This was this am- another lovely morning that actually lasted!!!! Often, it's beautiful early, then goes away! :( So, like yesterday, we went to "campus" to blow bubbles. The kids had a great time and i loved sitting outside.
Some of you aren't sure what the thru the splits move is- here it is. Step 1- on your tummy. Step 2- use your arms to push up. Step 3- Pull your legs into the splits. Step 4- Push yourself up into a sitting position!
p.s. Rebes has started calling us "Big Mommy" and "Big Daddy"- we LOVE it! On Monday, I was also "Miss Mommy."



7 comments:
ha aha ha !! love that! Luke is turning into quite a charming little fellow. He is just adorable. I love the picture of Rebes running in the grass. What a great morning!
I couldn't help but be amazed by Luke's splits-that is truly amazing, and so so cute! I would just love to kiss his little cheeks, by the way :)
Maybe Luke will be a late bloomer and catch up and pass his sister. You never know! His Dad was short until college. I love his cute face and Bekah running around.
Nana
em- love the splits- josiah was looking at the pics with me- and saw the pic of you on the side and said "is that miss amanda?" are you serious?!
i've been thinking about you- and your mom leaving. glad you had a blast together- what a blessing!
Em,
I'm glad Rebekah is doing so well -looks like some fun times together! I miss you too very much - LOVED my time with you and your family!! It seems strange once again being so far away from you. It was my pleasure to help any way I could, and I too wish I had been there this morning to help you out! Jet lag has been something fearce today as I've been up since 4AM - going to sleep very shortly!! I'm having a harder time adjusting here than I did in Aberdeen.
Much love,
Mom
I love the step by step. Reminds me so much of R! I don't know how I would feel about "big mama" :)
Love the pics and the precious paragraph about your mom and about "Miss Mommy." You are such a great, GREAT mom there, Emmie Malone. I am too proud of you.
And as far as the height/weight, don't boys develop later than girls? I seem to remember one friend who was consistently shorter than the girls. Then after one summer, he came back and boom...he was super tall with a deep voice. We hardly recognized him.
Post a Comment