Saturday, May 02, 2009

Storybook Glen with Mamama

As Mom, Rebekah, Luke, and I were preparing to leave for the beach this week, I was startled to see that I had created a mini-me- darling as she is, this is not exactly the kind of look you want your daughter to emulate. We were planning on wading thru the frigid water in rain boots, so this seemed right enough just for driving there. However, it ended up being much windier than anticipated and we opted for ice cream and the park in lieu of splashing in the water. So, this is what we looked like. (Kate, the crocs are for you!)

Mamama took this picture of rebekah "reading."

We were "working"- actually, this is posed, but most of the time, Rebekah loves to do whatever I am doing. Tonight she was "working on her blog, but it wasn't working quite right..." I also just got up to see why she was making noise at 9pm and she "just needed a sip of water." She then needed to know what color the cup was (pink, what else?) and proceeded to tell me that she was only going to get out of bed because she needed to go to the bathroom. As I attempted to zip her back in her sleep sack and was having difficulty in the dark, she encouraged me, "It is kinda hard, but Mamama figured it out." Thanks, pal. :) Last one, she finished the dregs of Mom's coffee today (mostly milk and cream at the bottom) and said with a grin, "It's kinda yucky, but it's really good."


Onto the title- Storybook Glen- this is a place I have heard about for a while and just kept forgetting about. Since Josh was able to stay home with the napping boy, the girls had a fun little morning date out to this amazing acreage. Seriously, like 200 acres of rolling Scottish hills, filled with obvious and hidden characters from both classic and contemporary stories. While confused as to why there weren't actual stories, Rebekah quickly took to the adventure and we all had a great time! We needed about 6 more hours though. (Andrea- I thought of you the whole time because this seemed like just the place you would take David and Elizabeth!)


I probably only took pics of half the place- it just kept going and going....I felt as if we were in the stories!


The view during the drive...

Mom leaves us on Monday- so pray for us all- but especially Rebekah. Her little heart is definitely knit to Mamama's and she will be lonesome. However, we have had a wonderful time with my Mom and will cherish the memories. Sadly for Mom, she did not get Luke's best side. While she has been here, he has had laringitis, a bad cough, cut 3 teeth, and decided dinner time is when you should scream as loud as possible in protest of not sitting in my lap during its preparation or service, and figured out he can't crawl or talk- all of which havae dampened his spirits and added to his growing frustration. On the flip side, he can push himself into a sitting position and has doubled the number of teeth in his mouth...we'll take what we can get.

7 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Love it! It makes me feel so loved to know you were thinking of me! It looks GREAT! David liked the Thomas picture of course and I liked Cinderalla's carriage!

I love the first pic of you two looking a like while your cute socks! I will definitely be praying for you on Monday and I feel you on the increase in frustration in our youngest. E has had loose stools for 8 days now and can't eat anything and she wants to talk so bad, but can't! I keep thinking that God will use the frustration to turn it into words! Can't wait to hear their little voices say I love you mama as our oldests say! Miss you friend!

Mary said...

Such great pictures as usual and I LOVE your outfit in the first picture. Classic. My mom came for the day yesterday and it broke Ty's heart to say goodbye...I can only imagine your sweet mom leaving. Will pray for all as you said.

Yes, it was a single trip to Double Dip but I don't put it past myself AT ALL to go twice this week. I'm just saying it might take a lot of ice cream to make it through the next three days.

Nana Phyllis said...

WOW! You know I love the Storybook area. Looks like a sure stop for us his summer - What fun. Luke will be up and around before you know it. We love you and will pray for you as Gayle heads home tomorrow. I know she has had a great visit.

Nana

Shannon said...

Precious post. That place looks amazing, and it looks like you all had a WONDERFUL time. Love it!!

Also, mini-me is a cutie. I believe I have also created a few mini-mes on this side of the Atlantic. You'd be so proud. I'm trying to wear more dresses!

Geer Family said...

What a fun activity!
Thank you friend for the encouragement and to know that someone has had it worse than me ;). I pray these past days haven't been depressing without Mamama.

Korrin said...

What a fun place! I love the picture of her sitting w/ the girl singing with her mouth wide open! Too cute!

The Green Family said...

Where is this place?! Is it nearby?? Looks like great fun! :-)