Yesterday was spent in the dumps for me emotionally. I'm not sure why, but I have days where everything just feels off. It was one of those and I chose to focus on all the things that are frustrating me instead of what I love. So, if you read yesterday's post that I deleted this morning, please forgive me for not being more generous of nature. (Love you, Billy)
As a result, I was asking the Lord to forgive my selfishness and help me focus on the right things. 2 things came to mind immediately- I bet you can guess what (or who) they are...
I love having a girl AND a boy! I love seeing their things all over the flat and their tiny (but getting bigger) clothes hanging on the line.
I love THIS girl! I love her inquisitive mind and sweet heart. I love how mush she desires to please us and how teachable she is. I love her enthusiasm and her tone of voice. I love how she tries to take care of all of us. I love her feistiness and her cute little walk.
I love how type-A she is and how everything has to be a certain way.
I love THIS boy! I love his grins and giggles. You know I love his feet. I love how he flaps his arms like he's going to take off. I love how he loves me. I love that he is cautious (like me). :) I love how he signs and how he likes to show off for Daddy as soon as he walks in. I also love how proud of himself he is when he signs. I love how his tummy gets round when he's full. I love how he'll sign for more of almost any carb.
Luke is doing better- still in a bit of a funk, but I saw some glimpses of his smiley self today at lunch. The kid would sleep all day this week if I'd let him! Seriously, there is a 3-minute window of soft sighs he makes that if I don't go in right then, he rolls over and goes back to sleep! After 2+ hour naps and every bit of 12 or 13 hour nights, he has the audacity to yawn after 30 minutes of being up. Crazy kid. Honestly, I'm glad he can sleep while obviously hurting and feel that the rest is helping him. However, I am ready to play with my boy again, so hopefully, next week will be easier for him. Fun things are that he is getting on all 4's, just not going anywhere. He can push to a sitting position 2 different ways. He also signs for "more" and "milk" very well. Additionally, he has entered the phase of handing us things for no reason. I forgot about that stage. I like it.
As for Rebekah, she is choosing some of her own clothes as you saw above. :) She is getting more adventurous and is very proud of herself when she catches herself from falling- she'll praise her own bravery. She also just started the "Watch me, Mommy! Are you watching?" and is VERY aware if you are not. She still asks a million questions, but they're getting harder. Uh oh.
And, for us, we're good. Josh is very busy turning in the last of 3 papers- totaling 60 pages and 6 weeks of work. I do my best to edit them, but conceptually they are way beyond me. (and, yes, I am a decent editor regardless of what you see on this blog- I was an English major- my issues here are twofold: a) I can't type and b) I don't reread my posts for errors from a)). In a week and a half, he'll have 3 finals. Then, he'll take some time off and then he'll start his master's dissertation. That will take the summer and in the fall, he'll begin the PhD stuff. His area of interest is the eternal generation of the Son- essentially that the Son has always been the Son in relation to the Father and not created as such. So, basically, he is doing a lot on the Trinity and working from Karl Barth's work, as well as numerous other sources. I THINK I got that all right. ;)
Morover, we are moving in July. Our lease is up here and the owners are returning from the States. So, we think we have a place lined up, but regardless, we are out of here by the middle of July. Josh's parents are visiting then, so it'll be a little crazy, but they are super-flexible and easy- it will be fine. We are going to stay in a house in Banchory (a cool little town 45 minutes away) part of the time, too, while they are here. I'll update on this more as I know more.
That's it for me. Hopefully, the kids will wake up soon so we can enjoy this gorgeous, blue day!



5 comments:
So sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Just remember that the bright days come after the dark ones!! So thankful today is better. I used to think I had hormonal ups and downs?? We love the kids for all the things you do and love you and Josh for your many great qualities. Wish we could talk more often - bummer. Thanks for the Mum card.
Nana P
How did you put that cool picture on your header!!! I've been trying my brains out to do it but to no avail. I miss you and wish we could sit together in the cry room at church and feed Rebekah goldfish. Maybe this Christmas!! ha! That cutie patootie Luke is about to take off.
I'm glad you're looking at the bright side of things today and love you very much. Luke has made progress since I was there! Take care my sweet one -
I, too, am glad today is better but again, you are so normal to think some of those things you were thinking...glad you liked the picture--Jason S. showed it during youth group and immediately I texted Sean, (who was across the room,) to say how much Charlie looks like her. I know most of the time she doesn't and it is probably the hair???or maybe the extra weight on her right now??? but I'm just hoping if she looks like Susan later on she can sing like her too. :) Now I have to disagree that this is the same as short bus...that's like a whole step down...
By "it" I mean the YouTube video of her first audition...
Post a Comment