Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Poor Baby

Poor Luke indeed. I thought he was doing better yesterday, but his fever spiked again in the afternoon. He was still crazy-lethargic- tried to fall asleep on me many times (yes, loved it), but was obviously in a lot of pain. Sadly, I think he was too exhausted and sick to even cry much- here and there we would get some sad wails, but mostly he was just morose. Since it has been amazingly beautiful for 3 days (!!!!!!!), we went outside every chance we got- I figured the cool air would be good for hot buddy. Most of the time, he just sat limp in my arms. Bless him, though, he has been a champ sleeper. In fact, last night, he fell asleep in my arms (without a paci or fussing!) right after these pics.

On the bright side, Luke got to wear his shorts and short sleeve jammies last night due to his body temp and was adorably cute in them.

And did I mention it has been amazing outside? The forecast for the WEEK has suns in it- yes, sunS!! Multiple- this is phenomenal.

Secondly, I'd like to brag on myself- being an amazing wife and mother, I released Josh to get up early and leave, thus making me the first responder for the kids. That means I have been the one to get them up and going. Quite the feat, if I say so myself (and I do) since I haven't been the responder since before Luke!! I guess this makes me a normal mom. Whoa.

I am really missing being social, though. Last week, there was a stomach bug going around, so we didn't get together with anyone. Now, it is my son I am trying to shield the general public from. Man- my mom leaves and all hell breaks loose- I've had to parent during the day all by myself!! Actually, I have been doing okay at it- I feel quite accomplished that I can do it. ;) So, a big shout-out to the Creator of the universe for painting such a lovely sky this week- I think He did it for me.

3 comments:

Kate E. said...

I'm really benefiting from the Lord making the weather nice for you. Thanks! :) We had fun today and I didn't hear a peep out of Lily after she went down for her nap. She was tuckered out from so much playing.

Andrea G. said...

What a sweet blessing to be able to find joy in your God given tasks and to be able to enjoy creation despite Luke's sickness. You are an amazing mother, wife, and friend! (I ams ure your mother would add daughter and Billy sister of course) Praying Luke gets better quickly! I think he looks so much like his sister in the bathtub pics!

Nana Phyllis said...

We're praying for a quick recovery. Hope he feels much better by now. We love you all.

Nana