Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kids in jammies and Dunnottar Castle

I have told you how yummy Luke is in his shorts pj's and thought you needed to see his preciousness. I know, I know, I should have chosen 1, but I couldn't decide...

My tall lassie doing some important art in the early morning.


...and taking care of Mickie. Mickie had fallen out of favor, for no fault of her own. Sadly, we (read Rebekah) had lost her paci and thus felt less inclined to play with her. It was a day of great rejoicing!


These flowers are outside our flat and I just thought they were pretty and different.


Back when Luke was born, my precious friend and mentor Carrie, gave this adorable romper to Luke- I remember thinking he would never be big enough for it! Look at those meaty legs! And, yes, it was amazingly warm- almost 70 degrees!

Because it was so warm, Josh blew off studying for a few hours so we could hit Dunnottar Castle again. The kids and I were game. There's nothing like this castle on a gorgeous day. Since I've shown pics twice before, I only put a few on.


This was a part of the castle that we had never seen. Not sure how we missed it. Obviously, it has been restored.

Rebekah and I had a date while Luke napped and Josh studied. We went to the park, the beach, and Burger King. Revekah was barely on the opposite side of the booth, and then asked if she could it next to me. LOVE that girl. We had a great time.

We also got to go to our friends' place for their son's 2nd birthday. All in all, a great day!!

Rebekah-isms:

(pointing at a smoker): He's cigaretting. He's making a bad choice.

(pointing at stranger): Stranger danger! (pointing at multiple strangers):Stranger dangers!

(explaining to me): They're strangers to us because we don't know them. We're strangers to them because they don't know us. You're not a stranger to me because you're my mommy and I know you. I'm not a stranger to you because you know me and love me. Mommy...do stranger dangers know each other?

9 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

Loved talking today. Love Rebekah's thinking process! Love the pictures. Guess i just love you all! Counting the weeks - less than a month. Can't wait.

Nana

Grandmama said...

I love Rebekah's lines! The scenery at the castle grounds look even greener and prettier than when I was there - glad you had a fun day with your sweet family and fun date with Rebes! Love R's lines as usual!

Carrie Sterner said...

Want to squeeze Luke. He may be smaller in size but he looks big in pics. Rebekah is looking soooo big! Can't wait to see her in person. Thanks for posting some pics with you in them. Miss your smiling face. Hugs.

saras said...

Don't you just love the first time there wear shorts when they start to put on the "baby" weight. She is finally gaining weight and I loved her first night in short pjs, the legs are sooooo cute! Love the outings with R, seriously sounds like so much fun!

Geer Family said...

LOL...stranger danger!!

Andrea G. said...

You are right about the first ones, PRECIOUS! I couldn't decide either :) I can't believe how light Luke's hair is getting.

The stranger danger cracks me up:)

trina said...

I love the Rebekah-sims!

Kristin Barnett said...

I love all the pictures! I can't believe how tall R is! She looks like she's about to turn four, not three! I'm jealous of her long legs, for sure.

Shannon said...

Great, GREAT pics, sweet friend. Luke in his jammmies is so dreamy. Love him! Also, I love rompers! Carrie sure picked out a cutie one. :)

Rebekah's processing of her world is too precious. I'm so glad you are writing these down for her to get to read later on (and you, too). How darling are her thoughts.

LOve you!