It was gorgeous Friday-yesterday- barely any clouds, perfect blue skies, and high 60's or low 70's...dare I say hot? It was almost too wonderful. So magnificent that this morning's chilly wind and gray skies were devastating. All good things must end, I suppose...but I often wonder why.
So, this was what Rebekah wore to church- NO sweater or tights! She was a little thrown off. I'll spare you the pic of her backside when she pulled up her dress in church during my photo shoot of another baby's baptism. Priceless.
With her pal, Lily, who was also bare-armed.
Josh decided we should picnic for his 33rd bday on Sunday. I was delighted and we loved it. None of the shots of Luke were great b/c he was learning how easy a straw is and was devouring Rebekah's milk, which was greatly lamented. Here I just liked her little crossed legs.
While on the subject of Luke, he says Bekah now! It is very consistently "Ba ba." He still adores her- even watching her jump off the couch makes him crack up- so much so that we allow Bekah to jump off the couch. Luke loves sounds and tried to mimic many we make. He could hear Josh all the way down the flat (we live in 700 sq ft, so saying all the way down isn't exactly saying much) growling at Rebekah and he (Luke) did his best growl, too. Awesome.
Yesterday, Rebekah pulled out my shirt, looked in, and goes, "OOOOH! I liiiike those! What are those called?" Really?
I asked her if she would like her vitamin (gummy like a fruit snack)- she said, "I'd LOOOVE my vitamin!"
Josh told her she did a good job trying to go tee tee. She responded, "Actually, daddy, I didn't try. I tee teed." Fair enough.
Tonight we discussed (many times) that her birthday was in July, but that it wasn't quite her birthday yet because it wasn't July, Nana and Papa weren't here, and she didn't get her princess stuff yet (purchased for her birthday, apparently not secretly as I had thought). This discussion happened every time we talked about July. We were not allowed to sing Happy Birthday either b/c it wasn't her birthday yet. Crazy girl.
She got a bad ouchie on her foot from getting rolled over- her own fault for walking under the stroller. :( "It got better, though, because God healed it and God is a good God." Her words.
In good news, our neighbor got a trampoline and a slide, which R loves! We have done a lot of jumping the past week! Luke's fave is for me to hold him in my lap as R jumps around us. He will sit in there, too. Still not crawling, but lots of bottom shuffles to get around. He seems to be trying to pull up more- definitely grabs our shirts and heaves himself up, so we're making progress. I'm still shocked he hasn't budged-literally- on this. He is so wild- loves slides, being thrown around, flinging himself around, etc, that I would have guessed he would be crawling out his crib at this point.
Speaking of the crib, he has been freed from the sleep sack due to heat (I guess tin foil on the windows attracts heat...side story: a friend of our neighbor asked if we were growing marijuana...great.)- he has loved his new freedom and plays with his feet a lot now. He also is all over the place and can be found in crazy positions upon awakening. Most of the time we hear pacis clinking before we hear him. Sometimes at 10pm (like right now). That's when I think, a room NOT off the living room would be nice, so I wouldn't know he was making mischief at bedtime. Oh well.
In other great news, we think we have a flat lined up for next year!! It is our friends' and we are so sad to see them go. However, we are super-thankful they are working so hard to get us in their place this summer! We are also blessed because they have an American (read full-sized) crib and changing table and I can actually use my bumper for Luke and his pacis will have a chance of staying in his crib...bumpers don't protect against throwing, tho. Maybe a good net...? :)
Josh took his LAST test ever! Yea! he has been told that under no circumstances is he allowed to
pursue another degree. Period. Lord, please don't make me eat my words!
Okay- exhausted, long day.



7 comments:
So, no tests on phd work? That will be great. I know it will be a lot of writing. All the kid stories are too funny. Hope it warms up soon and is nice at least part of the time we're there. It is June and we'll be there in a few weeks - YEAH and PTL!
Nana
I love R's ladylike pose, and her "...God is a good God" comment. Too cute! I may be calling you sometime to pick your brain about some stuff-it may help to hear it from someone who's been there (and in a much bigger sense:)) Love to you all!
So what did you tell her they are called? :) Tell Josh congratulations! Pretty soon he will be writing the tests! Love the dress pictures too!
I love that you're writing down R's words. You will cherish them even more later on.
My first thought, too, was what did you call them? We are venturing into the world of body parts and we are at a loss what to call everything. Real words yes but maybe not the full blown scientific words...hmmmm
Rebekah continues to make me laugh at what she says! What fun to see her in a sundress! I hope it's pretty again for you soon. Luke sounds like he's so much closer to crawling!
Emily, your kids are precious. I'm so glad it's finally getting warm. I feel your pain--cold Europe is not fun, but when the sun comes out it's wonderful!
Josh, it seems as though you've been taking tests ever since I've known y'all the last 7 years...oh wait, you have. Hooray for being finished! :-)
Love and miss you, Em.
Love,
Shay
Post a Comment