Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Great week!

I just wanted to say we are having a great week! Rebekah has gone above and beyond being a wonderful big sister- she has been loving on Luke and sharing even her most prized toys and treats with him.

As for Luke, he has been delightful! The whole last month was tough for him- he did get larengitis, 4 teeth, and 2 ear infections...go figure it was a tough few weeks. I kind of forgot how much all that can hurt. Now that he is feeling better, it's a whole new world for all of us. He's still not crawling, but he is very creative in his ways of scooting (sort of) and we are starting to see what he's interested in, which I love seeing. He reaches for every new texture (very me) and loves to feel everything (also very me). Yesterday morning, he saw he was getting a pancake for breakfast (left-over) and squealed in delight and immediately began to sign "more" passionately. :) He also has just been super-lovey- LOTS of sweet head lays on my shoulder and melt-my-heart grins at the same time. He has been okay with me leaving his sight most of the time and Josh has blessed me by taking both kids outside to play while I prepare dinner- that tends to avoid the major work-up and therefore makes dinner (being in the highchair) so much more pleasant for everyone. In fact, I was having so much fun with him last night during and after dinner, I forgot it was his bed time until he started rubbing his eyes and our babysitter showed up for our anniversary date!

Speaking of the date, we got to go our favorite restaurant on our actual anniversary for lunch (way more affordable) and had a great lunch. Then, last night we went to the "cinema"- tickets are about 8 pounds each ($12), but on Weds, with out mobile service, we can text for a buy one, get one ticket- so that's what we did and saw Star Trek. I have NEVER been a fan, but it was getting rave reviews and was actually quite good. We got home at 11 and Josh had downloaded American Idol! So, I do NOT know who won because we'll see it tonight, so don't say anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, when I feel like it, I'll take a picture of the cool flowers Josh got me!

p.s. Thanks, Katrina for staying with the kids! She said that last time, R asked her, "Katrina, when are you gonna start babysitting me?" Apparently, there were some unmet expectations. Also, as I was revving her up for getting babysat last night, Rebekah asked, "Are we going to the babysitting store?" I asked her where it was b/c I would definitely be interested in checking it out.

3 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

So glad the movie was good. Maybe we'll see it soon?? Great to hear Luke is in a better mood. Hope it stays that way for your sake. I'm off to Sugar Land with ice skaters today, then Jo and I are taking dinner to Linda. Have a great day!

Nana

Becky McCord said...

Ha! The babysitting store! I can't wait to sit down with Rebes and have a conversation with her. I hope she'll tell me all about her life. lol. she is wonderful. I miss you guys so much. So glad you had a good week. Way to go Luke! Keep it up!

trina said...

I'm glad your week was great! Rebecka is so sweet, so although we didn't make it to the babysitting store, we did have a good time together.