Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Since Mum's day was in March here in the UK, I kinda keep forgetting that it is the real (I mean US) Mother's Day today. So, I just want to say happy day to my mom and to my mom-in-law.

Mom, you rock! You drop everything to come see us, regardless of where we live, and do everything with me! I hardly change a diaper while you're here or I'm there, and I love that!! You spoil me rotten and there is nothing you wouldn't do for Billy or me. I have always loved being your girl and now that I have a precious one of my own, I know how special that relationship is on the mommy side, too. I love you so much and am already eager to see you and go to Sonic!



Phyllis- you are the very best mother-in-law in the world!! I loved you from the get-go, but every year, and especially since having children, I have grown an even deeper appreciation for you. Your advice is always just what I need, but you are careful not to over-advise us either. You pick out the very best books for Rebekah and Luke, too! I love shopping and cooking with you and just being around you. I am so excited about your visit this summer, too!


All in all, even though I feel years away from my family, I have to admit, I still feel so blessed to have such great parents and in-laws. Thank you all for having great marriages, too- I LOVE that our children (and Billy's, too!) will have healthy marriages to look up to on all sides.

4 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

Thanks for the sweet comments. You know I love you like a daughter and am so thankful Josh has you as his wife and our grandkids have you as their mother! Happy Mother's Day to you. You know we are counting the days until we can see ALL of you the end of June.

Phyllis

Mary said...

Happy mothers day! To answer your question...putting the girls together once I get Joy sleeping okay...however long that is :) I'll be in touch I'm sure!

saras said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I am counting down until Wednesday when she will get her tubes. She has been sick since Christmas with all types of illnesses and truly it has been exhausting and wearing on me and my feelings towards motherhood. She recently has been doing better, and it has reminded me how much I love being a mother and can't wait for her to feel better. I hope you have a great Mother's Day.

Grandmama said...

Thank you my precious daughter! I'm so proud to be your mother and proud of you as you mother Rebekah and Luke - you're on an amazing adventure with them for the rest of your life! Having you and Billy for my children has richly blessed my life - I thank the Lord for you every day as well as for Josh and Becky for I have also been blessed with terrific in-laws!

I haven't stopped all day until now to have the chance to see your blog as we showed this afternoon after church and went to small group tonight. I'm on now to read about Luke -
Much love Emily,
Mom