There was a lot of bathing of "Little Man" or "Little Buddy," complete with "Thanks, Buddy. That was very helpful." Praise the Lord he is a lot tougher than she is in the bath. In fact, R just struggles with things on her face- she HATES water in her eyes and even is finnicky about pulling shirts over her head. Recently, she has begun to say, "Thank you for being gentle and not hurting me, Mommy" after I dress her...sigh...
Luke and his new pal, Asher, aka Dasher (Rebekah hears me say Hannah and Asher, so she runs it together and calls him Dasher). Do not notice that though the same age, Asher is crawling, pulling up, and almost walking, with twice as many teeth...instead look at my sweet boy grinning at me. :)
This was prior to me waking him from a 2 hour nap after 13 hrs at night...funny little kid- soooo me in soooo many ways!! Seriously, I think he takes after me in a good number of ways. Time will tell.
She also interrupted my Bible study yesterday by saying, "But I want to talk to you..." I immediately scooped her up and stopped what I was doing. I had been reading about Jesus and the children- it seemed the right thing to do! She asked me to read it to her, which i did. She then got down and started her own Bible study, even drawing the people she had just heard about. :) My prayer is that she will associate Bible study with a loving Savior and a tender Mommy, like I did growing up with my mom.
I bought some raisins for Luke- fun finger foods that will loosen his bowels, if he's anything like his sister. Unfortunately, tho she loves them, if she eats too many raisins, she poops for days! She was not impressed with my explanantion that Buddy need to poop as much as possible and she does not. They might make her tummy hurt. her solution, "Well, let's find some raisins that don't make my tummy hurt! Can you look, Mommy? Can you check?" How do you say no to that? Fortunately, Luke hates raisins, so we are rationing them to her- fingers crossed.
Last one and then I'm off for bed- we were reading a children's Bible about Adam and Eve and she realized they were "in trouble." She whispered, "Did God pop their bottoms?" Unwisely, I said "yes" (since she had already had 2 for defiance). She looked at me, astonished, wide-eyed, and whispered again, 'But they're big people." I said, "Well, God expects to be obeyed." You can't get much by her.



7 comments:
I love all the pictures and stories. Especially love the "I am being quiet." Does anyone there have a full sized bathtub? Keep up the great blogging.
Nana
Oh my goodness, those bath pictures are adorable!
Oh such a funny story about R at church!! Can't imagine what it's like to have a child that keeps me that on my toes :) Ty is talking more and more but still no R :) The bath pictures are sooo cute!
What beautiful God experiences with your daughter!
Thank you for the note and of course we notice the sweet smile of your boy! I love the church story of Rebekah! We had the same thing at the Christmas Eve service at Phillip's parents church, but we were all in the balcony. We told David he needed to whisper so he kept asking for fruit snacks in a REALLY LOUD raspy voice that he must have thought was whispering!
Love the Pics!!!
Okay is it just me or was the bathtub full? You are BRAVE to fill it up that much girl. My kids get cold because I don't give them a whole tub full of water--not for the right reasons, (safety, conservation,) but because when they play water gets everywhere. :)
Post a Comment