Sunday, March 08, 2009

Malone Genius and random tidbits

I know everybody thinks their kid is a genius...however, ours actually are!

Luke is saying Mama, Dada, and Bekah!!! He also does a passionate (mad) "more" that sounds like ("mah!") and sometimes clasps his hands together as a sign for more- also fairly angry. :) For a boy and second-born, we are quite pleased! (To the undiscerning ear- read that anyone but us :) - everything but Mama might just sound like gibberish.) I am also guessing that all this brain power is distracting him from his physical abilities, which is why he's delaying crawling- doesn't want to overwhelm us with too many new tricks.

Rebekah found a toy today that the boys who lived in this flat left that we also had in Iowa. She picks it up, and I kind you not, says, "I recognize this toy! I had this toy in the blue house! Do you recognize it, Mommy?" (Josh and she have been talking about the blue house in Iowa :) ). RECOGNIZE?! When did she learn that- and in context?

Side note- it's crazy fun and a little bit sad that Rebekah's frame of reference isn't based off just us anymore. By going to creche a couple times of week and creche at church, she learns things that we do not teach her. Case in point: a while ago she started talking about "strangers" and saying "That's not my daddy!" We still don't know where she learned that. Today, she started singing "He's got the whole world in his hands" and a new song to me, "I will make you fishers of men..." My heart melted- to hear my little songbird (even if it was at the top of her lungs while supposedly napping) with a new tune slays me. :)

Another random one- one of R's tubes from her ear fell out last week- it was sititng in her ear- yikes!! Hope she doesn't need it! Josh says it's normal for them to fall out...?

Sorry, no pics! I'll do better next time...

5 comments:

Frank said...

Can't say I'm surprised that you and Josh produced kids with advanced mental capacities. :)

(I was going to write, "well duh!" but that somehow seemed an inappropriate comment for this particular post.)

Mary said...

'Recognize' could probably get y'all into some sort of record book. Seriously they are geniuses! There's no judgement here about Luke taking his time to crawl...

Grandmama said...

He's got plenty of time to crawl etc. - I'm proud of both of their words!
Love you guys!

Nana Phyllis said...

The ear tubes do fall out. Usually their work is finished. When Josh's fell out, he never had more ear trouble.

Love the song bird and all the chatter coming from Luke. Hopefully, he'll be saying Nana and Papa by summer!!
Nana

Carley said...

That's such a cute post about your kids! I love their cute stories....and yes, they are geniuses!