Friday, March 27, 2009

I have the best friends

Seriously! I have been blessed with some amazing friends in my life and I often wonder how or why they genuinely love me so. Regardless, I am the last to complain about such a great blessing. While I have some fabulous friends all over the world, I am going to focus on one specific group today.

After some funny circumstances, a package from Iowa arrived at my door this morning!! I eagerly tore into it and quickly found myself in tears- not even sweet, running down my face tears, but my shoulders are shaking because I'm flat-out crying tears....to the point that Rebekah asked what was wrong and when I answered in a wavery voice, she wanted to know why I was "talking sad?" My sweet, sweet friends from Iowa City put together a care package of goodies, toys for the kids, and sweet notes and pictures. Andrea spear-headed it, as she obviously went to a LOT of trouble to gather the items and she and Derricca spent a small fortune mailing it!! I got notes and gifts that mean a lot to me from numerous friends and I simply cannot say how deeply touched I am. THANK YOU. Y'all are awesome. I miss you so, so much.

Thank you, Andrea, for all your work organizing, sending, and trarcking it down after a missed delivery!

6 comments:

Andrea G. said...

I am so glad it was found and blessed you so! We wanted to put more in, but didn't have room! I think some goldfish had to be taken out, I hope that was okay! David picked out the princess fruit snacks for Rebekah. At first he had the race car ones, but then decided he wanted those and Rebekah could have the princess ones! :) Jamie put in the movie.... something about losing one of yours! Love you friend!

jamie said...

glad you got the package and are enjoying it, friend! much love to you guys!

Derricca said...

WE love you! :)

Grandmama said...

In tears, I read this to your Dad -what precious friends you have in Iowa City. I too miss them! I never thought I would get to know and love your friends as well as I did on my visits to see you, and I love everyone one of them!! Thank you for loving Emily like you do -
Gayle

Mary said...

What a sweet thing to do for you! I'm sure it brightened your whole day/week :) Yes, Luke too will walk one day :) He might be 16 months old but HE WILL DO IT!!

Shannon said...

This post makes me so, so happy. I can picture your face as you opened the package, read the notes, and saw each surprise inside. What a treasure each of these friends is, and I praise God for them!