Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Paddington Bear

Not the best photo, but it was stinkin' cold and rainy and windy- I just was amused at the sight. Rebekah is grinning and Luke is unwittingly waving. :) I thought he looked like Paddington Bear. Actually, in all honesty, I can't watch Curious George without thinking of Luke. Those big, round cheeks and that innocent look even when being very naughty is classic Luke Malone.


Rebekah's brain at work:

I’m gonna put this phone in my pocket just in case I need to make a phone call cuz somebody might need me to call them. I'm gonna call Miss Kate and see if she's had that baby yet. Hey! Miss Kate- have you had your baby yet?

Where are Elmo’s grandparents? Does he miss them?

I miss my grandparents….I hope they come see me. Mamama is coming to celebrate Luke…won’t that be fun?! Are you sooo excited?! And then Nana AND Papa are coming for my birthday! And we get a new house! Will we get Bill (context: referring to Bill on Curious George- she got to watch CG on tv and there was a character named Bill and she associates this with having a house- she also knows we’re getting a new “house” (aka moving flats) while Nana and Papa are here this summer…)

(I said something to Luke/Buddy)- Rebekah asked me, "Were you talking to Buddy (Luke) or Bunny (me)?"

(Do you need to tee tee?) No, I'm good.

(in the cart as seen above, next to Luke, who was trying to grab her toy) "Can you pick him up? (me, no) "Then, can you give him something to play with?"

What's this called? A glue stick, you said?

I said I wanted tea when you were making it, but I don't want it now. I want Coke.

I'm carrying 2 bowls, one for me and one for Mickie, but could you be my helper, Mommy, and help me carry this one in?

And, today, she pronounced her l's!!! (instead of them sounding like w's) that just leaves th's...



8 comments:

Becky McCord said...

My great day can begin now that I feel like I've spent the day with Rebes. I love the ways she thinks. Such a grown up. My fav was "well then could you give him something to play with?" like- help me out here! This is Becky and I don't know why Tres Chic Texas is coming up. It won't let me log out.

Korrin said...

She is one smart little cookie! They look adorable in their rain coats.

Nana Phyllis said...

What a couple of cuties!! Momma is also a cutie! Nana AND Papa can't wait to see all of our Aberdeen family this summer. The months are flying by - March is almost gone! I know Mamama is counting the days.'

Nana

Mary said...

So cute in their coats! I caused a scene just now in my dr office after reading your comment-can just imagine you and Josh having the conversation! Hilarious

M. Schlansker said...

Such cuties you have. I love how you document things she says.

Andrea G. said...

How fun you will get visitors for Luke's birthday! I like the tea and coke one :) Don't you love how they say what we say to them back to us!

When do you move flats? Do you have one picked out?

Grandmama said...

Yes, I AM very excited about coming for Luke's birthday and know Mike and Phyllis are looking forward to their trip too! Next year your Dad will be coming with me!!

Rebekah is hilarious - I do love how she thinkgs!!
Much love,

Mike + Stacey Duncan said...

seriously, every time you post rebekah's thoughts and sayings, it cracks me and mike up! what a hoot!