
No baby yet! Just to clarify, I am due Sunday...Rebekah was 3 days early, so that would be tomorrow. I have had some tightening feelings and some crampiness, but nothing major and nothing now...I am all about delivering a healthy, fully mature baby, so I'm not complaining yet! Plus, I am well-aware that babies are much easier on the inside than the outside! My friends due around the same time both delivered last week! Crazy! I think my babies like having all their needs met with none of the coldness of life outside the womb!
The picture above is copying 2 pics...the one that inspired it all is my mom, outside my grandparents' house, pregnant with me, holding my brother's hand (he of course is focused on his Slurpee!)...then, because we had moved to IA and my mom wanted to see me 9 months pregnant, Josh took a pic of me outside our house....this is the 3rd- much more like the original!
We're having a great time with Mom- got her situated with Rebekah's routine here- Rebekah is definitely attached to Mamama!! She is disappointed when it's just Mama to get her up, so I am officially chopped liver. :) Doesn't bother me at all...I love seeing her get loved on! Mom also got a lot of things in the freezer and helped me get some last-minute errands run. She treated me to some new post-pregnancy pj's, which look so small in comparison to what I currently am wearing!
Rebekah is pretty much in hog heaven! She is speaking in phrases and sentences and cracking us up! Her new game is pretending to go on a little trip and bye-bye/see you later/have fun over her shoulder. The point of the game is that you are really excited when she returns unexpectedly! She loves to play this game when I am semi-nude in the dr's office, waiting for my check-up...she even got stuck, much to her dismay, behind the exam table, and I had to get on my hands and knees and pry her loose in my sheet, hoping the dr wouldn't walk in on me in that position! She didn't, praise the Lord!
Will let you know when we know something....I know my vast blogging community is holding its collective breath!



10 comments:
You look beautiful... all 9 months of you! And the story about R getting stuck at the doctors office nearly made me pee myself! Praying for you and your little man!!!
EM- i laughed, belted, out loud- reading your last paragraph about being half nude and getting rebekah out.. hilarious!
You look awesome! We'll be praying for a safe (and speedy) delivery!
You look fantastic at 9 months pregnant!! Love Bekah's smile - all those pretty teeth.
I'm anxiously awaiting my phone call.
Nana Phyllis
You do look so beautiful and Rebe's smile is precious. Loved having lunch with ya'll yesterday. Can't wait for the next phone call!
Well, the Melissa TX contingent of your blogging fanbase has been checking your blog nearly hourly, so yes, there are lots of us (okay, so at least two) of your fans who are moderately obsessed with when we get to meet the little guy.
We're secretly hoping Josh will liveblog the big event. :)
We're SO excited for you guys, and praying that it's actually a very boring (i.e. nothing surprising or non-textbook) next few days!
Emily you look great as usual! I'm glad that your mom is there to help out. Rebekah is such a cutie and I know she will be such a great big sister.
Lookin' good! I hope everything is as wonderful as Bekah's birth was!
Emily, you are beautiful! Truly. And I absolutely laughed out loud at the idea of how mortifying it would have been to have the doc walk in on you prying Bekah loose! :)
Lots of love and prayers heading your way!
You are a treasure, my friend! And very loved!
Post a Comment