So, Luke Duke is doing great! A visiting nurse came by yesterday and Luke was 8 lbs 15 oz, so a mere 2 ounces away from his original weight! He is a little bit jaundiced, but not too bad. The nurse thought he was super-cute and such a big boy- still makes my heart swell that we produced such a big one... :) Luke is sleeping well, especially in his carseat- we put him in it in his crib for night- he slept from 10:30-5 last night! I didn't, of course- kept waking up, checking on him, and waiting...he has slept most of today, but I guess that 's what 8-day-olds do. :)
Rebekah is doing well, too. Fortunately, she is well-taken care of with grandmothers. Nana had to leave today and there were some tears sadly. Poor thing- she's going to fall apart when it's just me. Rebe is so precious- we are still marveling over her mastery of the English language and her memory. She is still a little song bird and repeats almost anything, including endearments for herself, such as "sweetie" and "sugar bear." She loves to kiss Baby Luke, but we are trying to train her not to be too rough with the baby or mess with him too much. It's torture trying to teach her not to sit in his seats.
The following are all with Nana (Josh's mom).








8 comments:
Luke Duke, I love it! The pictures are great & I'm glad that everyone is adjusting so well. I didn't know babies smiled that early : ) He is sooooo cute!
Can't belive how big he looks sleeping on Nana! I would never have guessed y'all could produce a big baby like that:)
You know, Luke Duke may turn into LD. Nicknames do have a way of morphing. Just prepare yourself ahead of time. :) I just want to meench his cheeks. Good to hear he slept for 6.5 hours. Hopefully that will continue to be a trend (maybe you have a ZS sleeper on your hands). I will be praying that Becka adjusts well when all the company is gone! Glad to see pics and get an update!
Sweet pix. My favorite is the 5th one. He is just so handsome. I am so glad he is sleeping for you. I will pray that that continues. Big babies can be great sleepers! Kiss the kids for us!
Aww! The new pics are adorable. What a wonderful family. Hope you were able to enjoy the food last night. Praying for you guys as you adjust.
Nana is going through withdrawl!! I miss my little sweeties SO MUCH. It was such fun holding and getting to know Luke. I, for one, won't be calling him Luke Duke. Loved reading and interacting with Bekah, too. Such a great couple of grandchildren I have. Can't wait to see all of you this summer.
Much love,
Nana
I love these pictures - what adorably chubby cheeks! Glad Rebekah's adjusting so well!
Emily, your son is so handsome! James and I will pray that everything continues to go so well. What a great looking family :-)
Post a Comment