Thursday, April 17, 2008

He's here!!!!!





Luke Timothy Malone came somewhere around 10pm- we got here at 4:30, broke my water shortly thereafter, and got contractions before the pitocin even started! Then, I was reminded what real contractions really felt like- oh my gosh- I don't remember crying with Rebekah's contractions...anyway, it was short-lived- can I just say once again that next to Jesus, the person who invented the epidural has my worship? So, after just a few hours, at 6:45, I got my blessed epidural and life was much better! Somewhere around 9:30, I started to feel some serious pressure in the pelvic region and was confident it was the baby...it was! They didn't come in til 10, but then after 3 pushes, he was out!!!! And what a whopper for us-

9 lbs 1 oz and 22 inches long (they said biggest out of 17 babies currently in the nursery)!!!! He has precious cheeks and a sweet full body, complete with some arm rolls- which is good, he needs to keep up with his cousin, Riley Jane! He looks like a boy version of Rebekah at birth, so we are confident of his future cuteness! ;) I mean, of course, he's precious now, but we have an idea of his future looks! He has a full head of light brown hair, too! We couldn't be prouder and I am doing great- very minimal discomfort for me- the doctor said i would heal quickly- so once again, praise!

Luke nursed well and right away- again just like his sweet sister! Enjoy these pictures!

19 comments:

Korrin said...

Emily & Josh, congratulations! I love his precious name & I am looking forward to seeing his picture! Happy birthday Luke!!!

The Knorr's said...

Congratulations, y'all! And welcome, little Luke! Much love to your sweet family!

Carrie Sterner said...

Tears of joy! Congratulations. I can't wait to meet little Luke. We love you all so much.

Scott Sterner said...

Congratulations guys! Can't wait to meet Luke!

amanda said...

Luke is so precious...and his parents look great too! I'm looking forward to hearing about Rebekah meeting him for the first time! Full weight baby boys are the bomb.

Frank said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

What a cute (and big!) little guy! SO glad it went off without a hitch for everyone. Can't wait to read about him as he shows off whatever plan God's got for him!

Smiley Jane said...

AMAZING!!!!! I couldn't wait to wake up this morning and see your beautiful pictures! Hi Luke! Maybe his nickname should be 'Whopper.'

Smiley Jane said...

AMAZING!!!!! I couldn't wait to wake up this morning and see your beautiful pictures! Hi Luke! Maybe his nickname should be 'Whopper.'

Shannon said...

Friend, we couldn't be happier for you. We love the name and love his little face. What a precious gift from God, and what a radiant mommy and daddy you both are!!

All our best to Malone family of four!!!

Jill said...

Congratulations Emily, Josh, and Rebekah!!! I am so excited for you guys! He is ADORABLE. And cute name, too. :) love to you all, Jill Cox

Rach said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the world, Luke! You've got a pretty great family!

Korrin said...

Oh, he is sooo handsome! Emily seriously, did you just have a baby because you look fabulous! If only I could look that good on a normal day : )

Mommy Parr said...

Congrats! I was so excited to see him first thing this morning. Happy Birthday to Luke and Happy Big Sister Day to Becka!

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

He's just precious...and looks JUST like Rebekah to me!! What a precious little family of 4! So glad everything went smoothly last night. Excited he's here! LOVE HIS NAME...and you guys!
whitney...for the rest of us (olivia got so tickled seeing his pictures too! another buddy in the family)

ak said...

Emily,
Congats to you and your family! Your precious son bares a wonderfully cherished name. ;) I am so happy that you were not uncomfortable for long and isn't it just great when that baby flies out the second time around! I can't wait to see you all at HIT!
Blessings,
Ayla

gwyneth said...

What a cutie! I hope you enjoy that tiny baby time, though he looks like he is taking the Aravis route, and skipping that stage altogether. We're so happy for you guys.

Jen Essington said...

Yay! Sounds like you all are doing really well. How exciting to be able to add to your family!

Congrats and enjoy your time with your new little one!

-Jenny Essington and family

Kristen E. said...

Hey Em and Josh,

Congrats! Luke is so cute. I was praying for you guys last night. The video you posted of Rebekah with Luke was so precious. I couldn't wait to get on your blog this morning so I could see the pics and share in your excitement. All the waiting was sure worth it. God is so awesome! Can't wait to see you guys and hold little Luke.

Kristen

Shadley said...

yay! cute name for a cute boy!! great job guys!!!