Monday, April 28, 2008

Family Pics

Here are some various pics of my sweet family! As you can see, they don't both smile at the same time! ;)

Random and disjointed updates:

Rebekah LOVES to kiss on her baby brother...and run up to him and yell in his ear, and sit on him, and play with his toys, and fuss about him being held, and then kiss him some more.

My sweet dad got up at 3 this morning and drove up, so Rebekah got some quality time with Grandi before she went to bed- now Grandi is holding my little snuggle bug, who hasn't moved in 2 hours! ;)

Last night Luke slept swaddled in his crib! I was so excited to not use the carseat! He was fussing in his carseat and I thought to myself, "Self, if he's not happy in carseat, then he can be not happy in his actual bed..." So, I swaddled him as tight as I could, and he just dropped off! Granted it was his worst night in that he was up every 3 hours, which was a first for him, but I still felt accomplished! He also took his long nap swaddled...we seem to have a basic routine- he does whatever he does at night, goes back to sleep in the early morning for 1-3 hours, is up for a longer while, then takes a longer nap over lunch and R's nap (while I sleep :)), then either goes back to sleep or is up again...may not seem like a pattern, but kinda predictable...I'm trying to encourage more awake time during the day so as to encourage more asleep time after 10pm. We'll see. As exciting as it is to see him bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, 11pm is not when I want it :)

Oh- Luke had his "2-week" appt today- he's really 1 1/2 weeks old- he was 9lb 2oz (75th %), 22 in (95%), and his head was 50%. It was strange having a baby over 50% in weight (RG was 9 lb 1oz at a month)...he is still a little jaundiced and is breaking out- not his best look, but still super-cute, of course! He got a prescription for his goopy eyes and some vitamins for his color. He'll get an ultrasound in June to check out his kidneys to make sure they aren't dilated as they were in-utero.

(You can even see our genius boy suck his thumb!)










6 comments:

Shadley said...

He is absolutely precious. You look great too!

Mommy Parr said...

I can't believe he is sucking his thumb already! He is looking super cute!

Nana Phyllis said...

He is a champ for sleeping in his bed. Give him a big hug and kiss from Nana and Papa. Your poor Dad looks exhausted! Hopefully, got a good night sleep and is ready to go today. I miss my sweet grandchildren.

Nana

Korrin said...

Great pictures! Glad your getting a little sleep ; )

Tamara said...

Em, you look AWESOME!!! And your little ones are precious. I'll be praying for lots of sleep for you!!!

Carrie Sterner said...

Dido everyone's comment about how you look Emily. You should feel so good!

As for Luke, seriously, my favorite pictures of him so far!

Rebes is precious as always. Hannah dreamed about her last night so we are really looking forward to loving on you guys Friday!