Just a little fun after church at the Olive Garden...I would like to add as a side note that I do NOT hairspray her hair like that!!! So many people have to touch it to confirm this...this is just the stage we're in in the growing out phase...it has grown on me...

We visited Wilson's Orchard, which is just about 8 minutes out of town. Isn't it lovely? Apparently, this was not a good apple season, but we didn't know the difference! It was a crisp morning and just gorgeous outside.




I maybe haven't mentioned that Rebekah LOVES apples- but on her own terms...of course! If I dice it and hand it to her, it's okay...however, if she gets to hold the whole thing, she will hang onto it for hours and devour it! Yesterday, she walked to Josh and handed him the seeds and stem! Crazy!
Here she's getting to pick her own apple, in addition to already having one, which you will notice frequents many pictures...




She also really enjoyed the tractor ride thru the orchard...



Now, of course, we enjoyed the Orchard's fresh, warm apple turn-overs, which inspired me to make my first completely homemade apple pie!! I made the crust, picked, peeled, cored, sliced, and seasoned the apples! It was a beauty!! (p.s. Note my lovely Pampered Chef pie dish...this is dedicated to my sweet friend, Dericca who is just staring her career with them! The PC pie crust guard did also keep my crust edges from burning! :))

Rebekah enjoying some fun outdoor (and one fairly disgusting indoor) activities...


Some live action footage...she's really walking!



Not sure what provoked this face...

She walked up to the tree and said "tree!"
9 comments:
Are you kidding me with the apple orchard? It's too cute! You got yourselves a family, here! I am really quite envious of the orchard, especially because like Rebe, I am a big fan of apples right now. :)
P.S. You're wearing long-sleeves. Don't think I didn't notice that from all the way down here in Texas!!
P.S.S. you are sincerely are doing a great job with her hair, Emmie! I love the Pebbles bit on the top. I'm so glad you're taking so many pics; I know you and Reebs will treasure them for a long time.
Thanks, pal! As you know, I feel a bit other-conscious (opposed to self-conscious) for Rebes' hair like that...I appreciate the affirmation! ;) I also knew you'd notice the long sleeves and top layer, too! Sadly, it was close to 80 again today...
What fun at the apple orchard!! Wow the pie makes my mouth water. Hope we get to sample some of your baking skills soon.
Can't believe how steady Rebekah looks with her walking. So thankful you had this great family experience.
Nana Phyllis
I'm really jealous...it's cool enough for hoodies?!? And Em, I'm so proud of you...a completely homemade pie! I knew you had it in you!
I love the orchard pictures and the outfit at the end with the striped pants and sweet shoes. She is such a cute peanut.
I look forward to loving on you guys Friday. thanks for all the pix. BTW, love the one of you and Rebes.
Apple picking is a blast and glad y'all got to go out! She is SO cute! Love the pics of her walking! And an Apple Pie al by yourself... mad props to you for that! ;)
I also have to say how cute her hair looks! I can't believe it stands up so straight. The picture of the two of y'all is super cute and I am jealous of your long sleeves too.
Your apple pie looks so pretty! I feel like I have to make a pie now.
Give Bekah a hug for me and give that little baby boy a pat!
Em,
What a fun time you must have had! The pie looks great - I'm quite impressed! Rebekah looks adorable, and I can't wait to see her walking and hear her talking on your next visit!
Post a Comment