Sunday, September 23, 2007

Best in Show

I just have to brag on Rebekah. Today was the first time in a while that she didn't cry when I dropped her off at nursery for both services. She was looking rather lovely, too, I might add. Anyway, when I returned to retrieve my honey, I asked how she did. They said she was the best-behaved, very social, and visited every other baby! I was tempted to clarify that my daughter was the blond one in the navy dress...:) I was so proud!

New verbal developments:

Squaaaash- recognizes and delights in it!
Goose- her Mother Goose Book
Choo-Choo- her freight train book
Bebe- her ladybug book in which she points out all the ladybugs
Jaaaaash- Josh
Emmy- Emily
Saaaack- sock which she likes to stuff in shoes
Sasa- sausage (she ate 12 Little Smokies yesterday after asking for them- she wouldn't touch them today, I'm guessing b/c she had her eye on my poppyseed cake)
Wawa- apple (Josh took her to the Orchard again yesterday which she immediately recognized and started asking for wawas; she also identified fellow tractor passengers' shoes and body parts)
She also barks at dogs we pass. It only encourages Samson.

Rebekah can identify most of her and our body parts (and my knee, especially if I'm wearing holey jeans). She freely doles out hugs and kisses, but I seem to be the only one who gets arm-around-the-neck hugs!

When she wakes up, she immediately calls out "Mama" in a very sleepy voice. If I am too slow on the draw, she resorts to "Dada."

She also thinks everything is a game, especially changing her pants...she likes to giggle as she romps on the changing table, kicking her feet out of her pants.

I guess that's it for now! ;)

2 comments:

Smiley Jane said...

Love the "resorting to Dada" when she wakes up and you don't come right away. That is halarious! RaRa cannot wait to meet her cousin Rebekah.

Mommy Parr said...

You gotta love the times you pick her up from church and she was sweet. I am usually too scared to ask. Can't wait to see her.....maybe I can get a hug!?!?