2 pink eyes!! Yikes! This morning, after Rebekah squirted milk in her eye, I noticed that it looked a little pink and had more than just milk in it...ugh! I knew right away pink eye was the culprit...I mean, we seemed to have gotten past a 2-week cold, then 5 days of a blistered bottom from severe diaper rash, so life was getting a little too simple. I called Mercy On Call, our hospital's amazing hotline and got the doctor on call to prescribe eye drops. We then skipped church, of course, to get it and avoid infecting other innocent by-standers. Have I mentioned how much Rebes hates eye drops? Always a pleasure...especially as she's getting older and a decidedly accusatory glare comes into her eyes as I administer said medication...anyway, her temp was normal, she was just clingy, so we watched a ton of Backyardigans to keep her hands out of her eyes. After lunch, Rebekah CRASHED in her carseat...I looked back there to hear her moaning herself to sleep, with huge tears rolling down both cheeks...not even the energy to cry properly. Broke my heart. I pulled out my sleeping baby, only to awaken her as I put her down in her crib. She then moaned herself back to sleep for 3 hours (napping, not moaning!)! That's never a good sign! These pics are from her getting up- she slept in a little ball in one corner of her crib- I know b/c I kept looking for signs of breathing, etc...anyway, she was on fire and shaking when I picked her up, as well as coughing, sputtering and mad as a hornet (thanks, Dad, for a great line that so accurately described Twinkie). Unfortunately at this point, I realized it was spreading to her other eye...ugh again! Now the hope is to keep her ears clean! Anyway, she had 103.1 temp so we called the hospital hotline again and they said to give her Tylenol or whatever and just make sure it came down, which it did. Not to be outdone by Cousin Rara (Riley), I did have quite the little snuggle-bug! As she felt better, she ventured off my lap :( and started to act more like her spunky self. I do have to give her huge props, tho- in the midst of all this, she still did her animal noises (cow, horse, pig, bunny rabbit, fish, duck, dog, cat, and sheep) and still gave me kisses with little half-smiles...precious!
Pray for her, please...this will probably be a rough night...does it get more pitiful than below?


3 comments:
Poor baby!!! I love you Rebekah. We are praying for you. :(
I am so sorry your Twinkie is sick! I will it doesn't spread to her ears. Give her a big get well hug for us!
So SAD! But I will give her props even sick she looks cute!
Post a Comment