Thursday, September 20, 2007

Just funny Rebekah stuff

Although I was my usual lethargic self, Rebekah is finally feeling better and is back to her usual perky, energetic self!

We went to the doctor to make sure her ear was better...Rebes hates getting poked and prodded, so getting her ears checked is quite an ordeal. Rebekah was sobbing as the thingy was in her ear, but she paused long enough to tell herself "good girl" and then went back to crying! Pitiful, but precious!

This afternoon, we were playing outside. By that, I mean I was lounging in the hammock while R was running around. She likes to climb in and out of the empty plastic pool. Today I noticed she was having way too much fun...we had 5-10 minutes before we had to leave to have dinner at a fellow pastor's home, so I decided to grab her. I noticed her purple pants were darker than usual...and then I realized it had rained and she was playing in the water! Rebekah's feelings were very hurt when I pulled her out to get her changed.

Fortunately, we had fun dinner plans at Steve and Judy Rachkes' place- he is the pastor of adults at our church. Anyway, Judy was very generous with the ice cream and brownies so she and Rebes were instant pals! Additionally, they have a small dog, Lincoln, who delighted Rebekah! After dinner, Judy pulled out a box of her boys' old toys and Rebekah sized them up and then chose a small turtle (an inch long) with a bobble head to focus upon. She oscillated between "throwing" (ie dropping) the ball for Lincoln and searching for the turtle, which she called "tur-tle." The Rachkes gave her the turtle :) and sadly, R dropped him in the car. We couldn't find him, but Rebekah patiently petitioned Josh the whole way home, pulling every applicable word out of her arsenal for its retrieval: Dada, tur-tle, pease (please), uh-oh...(she repeated this line the whole way home).

4 comments:

Grandmama said...

Emily,
I'm anxious for your Dad to hear her say tur-tle! It was such fun watching Rebekah walk around the house on Skype yesterday - how much she's changed since the middle of August!

Mommy Parr said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear her little voice when y'all are here at the end of the month.

Shannon said...

Darling!!

Kinsey Mazunik said...

I'm sure that it was very sad, but I LOVE that she called herself a good girl at the doctor. Very sweet.