Today was an interesting one...Josh lets me sleep in on Saturdays since he's here, so he gets Rebekah when she wakes up. Apparently, she kept chanting "Mama" so they came in around 7:30...we played on the bed for a while- Josh likes to knock her over and make her giggle a lot, so it was pretty fun. She decided at 8 she was terribly hungry, so when I said do you want breakfast, she got really, really excited! Anyway, we grabbed bagels together at Bruegger's after feeding her her normal breakfast of Little Smokies Sausages and fruit. At Brueggers, she was very interested in my water and kept asking for "wa wa." Then, she pirated a napkin and pretended to wipe the table. When we returned home, we jumped on our bikes and headed for downtown for Farmer's Market. She did great in the convertible burley/stroller and on the way back was when the trouble hit. I just saw the turned over burley (what Rebekah rides in) and heard crying....I guess a car wasn't stopping completely at a stop sign where Josh had the right of way, so he quickly manuevered so as to miss getting possibly run over. In the process, he hit a curb with the burley (it's wider than the bike) and Rebekah and her carrier flipped over. Unfortunately, I had failed to strap her in correctly (forgot there was an extra lap strap), so she kind of tumbled more than she would have. She was totally fine and just crying from fear, of course, but was super-excited when she found that the diaper bag had inadvertently come into her reach. She was quickly comforted. Thank you, Jesus!
Furthermore, I guess it was fairly traumatic, because she took a 2 1/2 hour nap (I took an even longer one- I do so love naps!) and when I got up, she and Josh were watching the Texas A&M game! We even tried to dress her in he corresponding tee-shirt only to realize all her clothes are patterned and we didn;t have anything to match. If you know me, that's not cool, so she wore her ballerina tee and ballerina leggings. Well, actually, I just skipped the interesting part...I woke up and laid in bed for 5 minutes, then felt like it was time to get up. I went to the bathroom, and as I rounded the corner to see my girl (presumably with Josh), I see that she is at the edge of our crazy dangerous basement stairs, about to go down! I ran to catch her- to her credit, she was attempting to back down, but after the first 3 steps, they are open-backed and asking for trouble. Somehow, after letting Sam out, the door just hadn't been shut securely...Thank you, Jesus again!
Anyway, Rebekah was a pretty good sport about watching the Ags almost lose to unranked Fresno State (should I give a shout-out to Jesus again?), as long as we gave her snippets of Backyardigans during half-time. She even snuggled in between us on the couch an watched the game for a while. Funny moment- she found a hidden Goldfish stash behind the couch pillow and was pretty pumped. I gave her a few and thought I secretly threw them to Josh, who hid them behind his back. I was surprised when Rebekah didn't stare me down to get more. Rather, she backed off the couch, walked over to Dada (yes, she is pretty much walking now!), and SIGNED "more" perfectly while saying "more!" We couldn't believe it! Of course, she got more. Seriously, we haven't signed in months....
Rebekah's repertoire of vocabulary:
Mama, Dada, Sam, up, down, out, watch, Grace, baby, Rara (Riley), baba (blankie), more, ee (empty for when her cup is empty, accompanied by shaking aforementioned cup for added emphasis), bbs (blueberries), dada (men in general or anything framed..?), cross (she has some hanging in her room), Bible, BabyC's (ABC's- she has 2 ABC books that she expects to be read when she commands BabyC's- she's really only interested it the songs Josh makes up, besides the original ABC song which must be sung while pointing to the corresponding letters), buffalo (there's a water buffalo in a book that's she quite fond of), gull, yak (also in books), something that means Backyardigans, plus she understands way too much!!



1 comment:
Praise the Lord He has angels watching over us. Rebekahs are likely tired tonight so you better take it easy on them tomorrow. :)
Great seeing you girls this week!
Post a Comment