Well, the good news is that Rebekah slept thru the night last night. Yea!
However, she awoke with a very hoarse voice, no gunk in her eyes (yea!), and a bad cough, but no high fever...anyway, I went ahead and did our due diligence and took her to the doctor to find out that she did have a low-grade fever and an ear infection! Yikes!
So, now I have the added privilege of administering eye drops 3 times day, amoxicillin (spelling?) twice a day (we did pay the extra $3 to add flavoring to make it better...can't imagine what it would have been like without...), and Motrin 3 times a day...it goes something like this:
me: Rebekah, time for yummy medicine!
R: (wary look)
me: Open your mouth....
R: No.
Me: Please....
R: Please (thinking that saying it gets her out of it)
Me: Open!
R: No, no, no (now flailing like a banshee)
It was like this with the doctor, too...I'm not sure if she has gotten so many no's from a 14-month-old before.
Anyway, it has an excruciatingly long day....so I am signing off.
And the winner is….
9 years ago



2 comments:
Sounds rough. I've been through the ear infection medicine dance too. Glad to hear she is a little better!
Sweet, sweet Rebe! So little control of her own world, even over the things she definitely does not like! EEK for ear infections. God's grace AND mercy to all of you, sweet friend!
Post a Comment