Monday, September 24, 2007

Rebekah's hair

You may wonder about my obsession with my daughter's hair....however, if you know me, I am a nut about hair. Strange since I never, ever do my own, but that's b/c I never, ever like my cut. Anyway, I feel I owe part of my obsession with her hair to Carrie Sterner. When she and Hannah kept Rebes a few weeks back, they decided to play with her hair. It was a slow process- going to pony, adding a curler, taking it out, all without attracting too much attention.
Here are some of the results...




I'm already picturing prom pictures...this is R's future husband, Isaac.


Today, Josh insisted on 3 ponies...the normal Carrie/Hannah-inspired top pony, as well as 2 side pigtails....however, he was not about to do it himself...just served as moral support.

The first one is Rebekah carrying around her bib, pretending to wear it. She kept it tucked under her chin for quite a while.

Apparently, the laundry basket is still a hit...




Nana Phyllis bought her these pj's for when she would be 2...they fit now...crazy! I picture her in something like this on Christmas morning.... :) They have a ladybug on the front, which fascinates her...she pulls them out of her laundry basket and then looks for her ladybug book...

Today, Rebekah busted her lip and she is still recovering from smacking her face against the coffee table last week right before she crashed on the driveway and scraped up her elbows...poor baby! She cried pretty hard for the cheek and lip...during the lip incident, she stopped long enough to say choo choo (referring to her train book we had just read) and then returned to getting sympathy...apparently a pattern is developing....

3 comments:

Rach said...

The three ponytails are definitely my favorite style so far. Can't wait to see the little model in person!

Tamara said...

The pigtails are precious!!! She is such a doll. I can't wait to see her on Wed!

Carrie Sterner said...

Oh course we love the pony tails, no matter how many. Its all about the process. :) Way to go on three. Did she want to pull them out?