Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We're here

This is us back...don't be fooled, Rebekah is delighted we are "home."

(p.s. After this shot, she grinned at me and asked, "Did I do good?")

The flights went pretty well. Both kids slept a lot less than I anticipated, but they were good, so I can't complain too much. :) Luke is really starting to talk- a lot! He liked pointing things out, such as every "yight" he saw and he even can say "er-pane" too. Precious.

We got in at 11am yesterday (felt like 5am to us) and we put the kids and ourselves down for a nap 12-3:30. The kids slept pretty well last night- Luke was up 11:30pm-1am, but we let him work it out in his crib- he wasn't much more cheerful when awake with us, so that was the best decision for him, and from last year, we knew he would go back to sleep and sleep well after that. Rebekah, on the other hand, only woke up at 1:10am (right after Luke finally went to sleep) because she couldn't find her "BB" (special blanket). I laid with her for a few minutes and then went back to bed. I ended up having to wake them at 10 or 10:30am, so at least we got good sleep post-1am. I was pleased.

Today was a nice, relaxing day- we unpacked yesterday (yea for US food and new clothes and toys), so Josh went in to school, and the kids and I went to play group and had a great day. It was wonderful reconnecting with friends and laughing. ;)

On the way back from play group, we stopped by Rebekah's school (she kept saying, "Look, Luke! That's your sister's school!") to ensure she had a spot still. Indeed she does and she starts next Tuesday! She is super-excited!

I really have been surprised watching Luke- seeing him walking here s really fun! He said a lot of new things today- so great to finally understand him more. He likes to look out the windows and look for er-panes and birs (airplanes and birds). When I showed him his birds on his wall (just pictures of birds), he started looking all around, as if he was just missing birds flying in his room.

Recent Rebekah phrases:

Mom, how do you know me so well?
I don't know how I feel about that.
Dad, if you want more pizza, you just let me know.

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Praise the Lord for a great transition back, Luke's new words, and that you know Rebekah so well :)

Will you please send me your address to my email account? I want to make sure I have it right after last time!

Nana Phyllis said...

So thankful you are back safely. I know it takes a week to readjust to the new time. So glad you got to connect so quickly with kids/friends. Can't wait to hear about Bekah's school experiences - such fun. Great to hear that Luke is talking more. Looking forward to skyping and hearing him ourselves.

Mamama said...

I'm very glad the transition back to Aberdeen time is going well! How fun that Luke is talking so much more and that you enjoy him walking around the flat so much.

We've been getting back to business as usual around here and have a number of new clients even since you left!

Much love to you,
Mom