I'll be honest, I love fashion trends, especially for my children. :)
This season it's plaid, puffer vests, and pretty boots. I thought my 2 were precious. :)
This was us waiting for our family lunch at El Fenix, a family haunt.
I was delighted- I have 7 aunts and 3 uncles (my dad is 1 of 11- his parents had 7 and adopted 4) and all 7 aunts came to this lunch! Poor Josh thought some of the men would be there- he and Luke kept each other company.
Beks was a little tired...
...but not too tired to pose for pictures.
I loved how Luke and my dad matched.
Dad came just at the end to pick up the kids, so some of us could go to the movies. Josh and I went to the movies 3 days in a row- awesome! (We saw Up in the Air, The Men Who Stare at Goats, and Leap Year- let's say that 1 of those movies was good. :))
Well, we fly out tomorrow after 2 months here in the States. We visited my parents in Dallas, our friends and church family in Iowa, Josh's family in south Texas, our best friends in College Station, and Sea World in San Antonio. It was a packed 8 weeks, and I loved it!
FAQ's:
How long were you in the States? 2 months
Are you sad to go back to Scotland? No. It will be hard to say good-bye- it always is. However, we have lived abroad a year and a half and have settled in there well. We had a great trip and no regrets, so it makes going back easier.
When will you come back? Probably the same time next year.
How much longer will you be in the UK? Probably another 2 1/2 years.
Does Rebekah go to school? She will start preschool 5 days a week from 12:45-3:15 after she recovers from jet lag- probably a week from tomorrow.
What do you do in the UK? I mostly mommy, and I work online while the kids sleep. I do some writing for a sound masking company.
What did you enjoy most about this trip? I think seeing family and friends. It was great to spend quality time with both sides of the family and with our dear friends. I also loved that Luke really started walking here and our families got to see him turn into such a fun little boy.
See you on the other side!
Emily and fam



12 comments:
Bye bye friend! I'm so glad I got to see you, the kids, and your sweet momma while you were here! I apologize again for my girls that day-yikes!
I'm so glad we got to visit while you were here. Safe travels, sweet friend!
Love,
Shay
I'm so glad I got to see you and your little family while you were in the states! Praying for safe, uneventful travels!
We have loved having your here - lots of fun times and memories. I'm praying for safe travels for you, and I'm thankful for the fun friends and flat that you have to go back to.
That is cool you know what is in style! I have NO clue. :)
I'm glad it's easier for you to go back home now. Especially after two months.
Hurry up and get back here!
I know that when you answered the question 'Are you sad to go back to Scotland?' that you really meant to respond with: 'Are you kidding?! I get to hang out with the Ellis'! See ya, America!'
:)
I'm glad you had such a great trip! Sounds like your time here was just perfect and filled you heart full of memories and love. have a safe trip back!!
The Malones certainly enjoyed having you here for three weeks - great times. We're praying for you as you travel back across the pond. Looking forward to Skype visits on the weekends - to keep us up to date on all the kids' progress. Have a safe and hopefully restful trip back.
see you in just a few! just said a quick prayer for yah!
LOVE the vests! My kids refuse to wear them, but yours are adorable!!!
So glad we got to see you during your time back. Thanks for flying the extra flights to come see us! Love you friend!
Praying for travels! So encouraged you are looking forward to going back! I am sure Rebekah will LOVE preschool when she starts!
Hope traveling is/did go well! The kids look uber cute in their puffy vests. I love those! :)
A great way to remember your trip! Glad you are content in Scotland. Hope the trip back is uneventful. Victoria
Post a Comment