So, my camera is crazy. Seriously, I am so disappointed. I dropped this camera's predecessor and nullified its existence last year. We ordered a new one (we all know what drastic change would be inflicted upon my blog without tons of Rebekah/Luke pics- pity the day), and J's parents brought it with them last summer. Seriously, y'all, I dropped within a week of having it. However, all seemed fine until recently. My camera no longer reads my battery and always thinks its dead, regardless of the fact that I have 3 spare ones and they are ALWAYS charged! The newest issue is that my memory card has been malfunctioning. Sigh. So, all that to say that I wasn't even going to try to take pictures of the gorgeous 6 inches of snow we got yesterday. Instead, I pulled out our trusty video camera e forget we have and filmed the kids playing in it. Then, Josh had the genius idea of taking the memory card out of the video camera and switching it so I can use it for the normal camera.
When I did, I found the following pictures:
About 3 weeks before Rebekah was born. Oddly, I know that we were driving to go see Nacho Libre on one of our last pre-parent dates.
My favorite house we ever owned! (My parents are stud realtors, so we have owned 3 houses and 1 condo prior to moving to Aberdeen, where we just give our money away each month for a smaller, less nice place. Hmmm... :))
You can see the ceiling fan boxes Josh and his dad would install.
The dining room (and ladder, who knows?)
Part of the kitchen.
The connection b/w the living/dining
The rest of the living room (across from that couch we had a big screen where I could watch all the crime dramas I wanted, at my nursing leisure...those were the days...:))
Sweet one's crib and pretty pink toile. Still miss that stuff. Andrea, sooooo glad to see it in Miss E's room!
Loved this hutch- so practical!
The outside- maybe you don't love it, but I sure did!!!! It was a 1930's bungalow in a gorgeous neighborhood that I adored in Iowa City.
Note little one- about 18 months.
LOVE her!
Isn't this sooo Luke? She hated all the snow gear!
Josh took her sledding. It was hysterical watching her tumble out as we novice parents learned the skill of not going too fast!
Girl on a mission.
Snow in our HUGE backyard.
And, then today. Still documenting snow! Josh works behind this building!
You can see little man LOVING walking in the snow.
This is another angle of the building quadrant Josh works in. It's my fave.
I quickly documented the minute Luke kept his hat on. He looks like a Russian hunter.
Once again, my crocs came in handy. You know you're jealous of my dry jeans and warm feet.
The girls. R is sportin' her fancy boots, too. She was wearing tights, a dress, sweatpants, a matching sweatshirt, a jacket, gloves, hat, and boots.
Us horsing around. (Aunt Sarah, note year 4 of the hat)
All of those reminded me of this little gem from almost 2 years ago (Josh has just gotten back from visiting that school in Scotland we weren't going to, hence my hat that I still wear)- looking a little pregnant, I would say.
These are all Jan-March 2008 before Luke was born in April. That makes R between 18-20 months (I am realizing as Luke is 21 months, that 18 months on is definitely my favorite stage. I
am loving every minute of them right now!)
Out of church one Sunday
With her kitchen in our kitchen
Snuggling after a bath- sitting on Luke :)
She has always been my kitchen helper
Which has its rewards, such as licking the beaters.
So Luke! (yes, we have been into bows for a while. Such a quick solution to getting the hair back stylishly. ;))
Wiping off her shoes- note my Rt 44 even in winter
The day she got tubes
More snow pics
My fab sister-in-law, Becky, threw me a shower for Luke. The girls were getting reacquainted.
Me quite preggers.
The shift from girl to boy. (I did bring these to Aberdeen, as well as Rebekah's ABCs which may not be pictured)
Rebekah's big girl room. I waited for this room and loved it. (I ended up hanging her ABCs over her bed and moving that framed pictured elsewhere)
I love this furniture. It was grandmother's, my mother's, mine, and when we return will my daughter's once again. It means a lot to me.
Note the fan- see I have always been a fan (pun intended) of white noise. Since then we have progressed to portable white noise machines that are much better!
Rebekah making sure brother's bed was okay.
Her Easter dress
Josh's Easter spirit
Man, I love pictures. Hope you endured that.































5 comments:
Oh memory lane.... I find myself walking down that lane a lot lately with David 4 in two weeks... oh my... That was my favorite house of yours too :) I love the kitchen pictures of Rebekah helping you and the Easter yellow picture!! Thank you for blessing us with the bedding and the yellow sled!!! We still use both, although this winter has been lots of snow, but lots of REAL cold too so not as much the sled this year :)
Wonderful trip down memory lane - how I too miss your house in Iowa City - it was terrific! I loved all the bright colors and wood floors - the neighborhood was fantastic too. You had a great place there Miss Em! Great friends too!!
6 inches!?! Seriously!? I'm so jealous. We NEVER had that much snow when we were there!! And you look SO cute pregnant, my friend. [And HOT! ;-)] Awwwww! Very fun to see pics of your fav. house too. All the pics of Beck are adorable! And I totally see Luke in her. :-) Very fun post.
Fun trip for me as well!! My fav pic was the after diaper change happy squeeze of you and Rebes. Love you Em!
Love all the pictures!! It cracks me up how much R looks like her Aunt Rachel!!! :) Love the bunny ears on Josh too. Lol!
Post a Comment