I mentioned that we went to the library on Tuesday- Christy invited us as her children (Joshua- 4 and Abigail-2) love it! Every fortnight (2 weeks), the library has a children's time for songs and stories. I wasn't sure about how it would go, but we got ready and made the trek. There's not really convenient parking in the city, so we walked 25 minutes there, and since it wasn't raining, it was very nice, esp with company.
Getting ready to go- I'll translate- "Um, Mom, there's something on my hands....?"
"Mom, seriously, take them off."
This is the library- pretty impressive, eh? I love the blue light posts.
Next to the library are a church and a theatre. (Jokingly, these 3 buildings are referred to as Education, Damnation, and Salvation)
I was very impressed with the children's library. Bless them, it is a whole floor just for the kids! No being quiet and or worrying- it was great! We all got library cards, too! Evidently there are no late fees for kids when they check out stuff, so I said, "2, please!"
Luke was jazzed about these little chairs.
Beks was all about going to the front and center.
They also played on this book car.
A better view of the floor. Love the windows.
Song and story time- it's about 30 minutes, which is perfect.
Joshua, Rebes, and Abigail hard at art work and bingo.
There was a lot of local children's art work, which I thought was cute. Lots of tartans and Scottish things.
These are all depictions of Robert Burns, who will be celebrated soon. Scots love their local famous people!



3 comments:
Love that you went to the Library! So fun to have a whole floor for children. Looks like both children enjoyed the trip. Did you go home with checked out books?? LOVE IT!!
You hadn't been to the library yet!?! I'm surprised!! We LOVED going to the library. And these song & story times were loads of fun. I didn't get there nearly as often as I would have liked, but always enjoyed it when we did go. It was always a really nice outing for everyone.
loved your post about school. i understand your emotions at letting her go for the first time. i'm already dreading sendind em off to kindergarten, and she's not even 2 yet! and, yes, i've already begun trying to talk jeff into homeschooling, but he is reluctant to believe in the "target" elementary school. ha!
i've been wondering if r has an accent of any sort? really, it's just my curiosity as a speech pathologist! does she say certain words differently? has she picked up on anything "local" or does she only use words that you would use? i wonder how school will influence her language development. (my husband would say that i'm a huge dork for asking you these questions!)
love reading about y'all! jill
Post a Comment