Saturday, May 03, 2008

Trying to post...

I have been trying to post for several days now- hopefully it will work now!

My parents went home Friday morning- dad was here for a few days but Mom had been with us for a month! We loved all the help and visiting time, but I think even she was ready for her own bed and routine. It was a sad departure, but the kids and I made it! :) We packed up, went to the mall, had lunch with Dada, and then went over to Carrie's. Rebekah had a great time at Carrie's! She napped there, then played outside with Isaac and Aaron. They threw rocks into a partially filled canoe- all was great until Rebekah tried to balance on the side of the canoe and fell in! I ran her inside in search of a clean diaper- all out- found one in the car- and then tried Aaron's door to find some shorts and a t-shirt. Carrie was running the older kids to piano lessons...anyway, apparently Aaron had locked the door from the inside- Carrie is good at unlocking it, but I am not. So, I found a pair of shorts in the laundry room (clean) and R wore those. It was at this point that Aaron came in soaked and we found ourselves in the same position! He was not excited that R got his shorts while I couldn't find him any- then I thought of the laundry room and got him a clean outfit, too. Then, Luke was up and as I changed him, he peed on me! A lot of liquids for one afternoon!

It's definitely harder juggling 2 and I haven't even really done it solo yet! I have had Josh around a lot and he is wonderful! He helps a lot, especially in the morning so I can sleep more. Praise him. Tuesday will be my first real day and I plan on running errands and hanging with friends! :)

Rebekah is still cracking me up! She is speaking in full sentences she has heard, such as "I can't see it...look at her running!...I don't like it...etc." I really wish I had a better memory- with these 2 on my mind, I haven't been as good at remembering her funny phrases- something made me laugh out loud this morning and I can't even vaguely recall it! At least she remembers me- I was curious if she would after a month of other people, namely my mom, taking care of her! We have had a good time reconnecting- she is still super-lovey and kissy, which I love! All the more reason to nap Luke in his crib- for safety! Anyway, Rebekah asked for all of her grandparents this morning, but then nodded as she told me they were in either "Texas" or "Dallas." She really does seem to do so much better if she knows where people are and why they're not here.

This morning, while josh went to class and worked on some homework, Rebekah, Luke, and I visited Amanda, Grace, and Sam. Luke was kind enough to sleep the whole time and Rebekah and Grace had a blast playing together, especially outside. I think going outside is what will keep R and me sane this summer as I try to balance mothering 2! Then, Jamie and the twins texted Amanda to meet at the church playground for a picnic and we invited ourselves and had another great time! Rebekah and Josiah had a lot of fun getting dirty together!

Before Mom and Dad left...

R in Aaron's shorts...
Picking dandelions at the park...

Luke (left) napping with his buddy Sam (almost 5 weeks older).

Driving with Grandi...
Mom holding Luke while Amanda holds Sam...


Dad holding Luke- I haven't mentioned that Luke is mini-Dad- seriously, Luke's mouth, round cheeks, and eyelids (strangely enough) resemble my dad...

4 comments:

Jen Essington said...

hey girl,
Hang in there! What i'm learning is that it's always a "larger job" parenting two young children as opposed to just one, but that it does get easier with time. Plus they have their moments of peace. The real joy is watching them interact as they grow...it is so awesome. Hopefully I see you tomorrow at HIT...my youngest is teething something fierce right now, but we're going to try to make it.

Carrie Sterner said...

I guess one thing for sure is that after spending time with the Sterners we can send you home and you will think you life is "easy" without all our variables. You are such a great sport!

Mommy Parr said...

I love the pic of Becka in the shorts. Glad to hear that you are still able to get out and do things with two kiddos in tow. Keep up the good "mommying"!!!!

Grandmama said...

Em,
It's always fun looking at your photos! What a great family you have, and you are doing a super job adjusting to two although I know it has it's trying moments! Kiss the children for Mamama and Grandi -