Some stuff I love about my mom- in the order in which I think of them:
-She'll drop anything to help me
-She was the first to share Jesus with me (and every teacher I ever had!)
-She was willing to argue the age of the earth (as based off Genesis account) with the workers at the zoo
-She is devoted to her family
-She perseveres through anything and rarely needs a nap (unless she was up with my baby all night)
-She'll hold my baby all night
-She salts and peppers anything that goes in her mouth
-She can down 2 Route 44 Diet Cokes with cherry and lime on a daily basis (she doesn't, but can!)
-She planted the seed for my love of reading
-She gets 3 layers of butter on movie popcorn and brings her own salt shaker
-Even if she disagrees with me, it doesn't get in the way of her loving me
-She always wants my best, even if it doesn't mean her best
-She wears a smaller size than I do!
-She's a feisty redhead
-She loves my children almost as much as she loves me- and that's a lot!
-She loved and loves being our mom
-She spoils me (and my husband and my children)
-She gets off any phone call when she sees my name on the caller id
-She loves sappy movies as much as I do
-She likes all the same foods I do
-She is as honest as the day is long
-When I sold jewelry, she went to as many of the shows as she could just to spend time with me
-She brought me lunch to school when I was a child and when I taught school
-She loves the Lord
Mom- I love you. You're the best.
-She'll drop anything to help me
-She was the first to share Jesus with me (and every teacher I ever had!)
-She was willing to argue the age of the earth (as based off Genesis account) with the workers at the zoo
-She is devoted to her family
-She perseveres through anything and rarely needs a nap (unless she was up with my baby all night)
-She'll hold my baby all night
-She salts and peppers anything that goes in her mouth
-She can down 2 Route 44 Diet Cokes with cherry and lime on a daily basis (she doesn't, but can!)
-She planted the seed for my love of reading
-She gets 3 layers of butter on movie popcorn and brings her own salt shaker
-Even if she disagrees with me, it doesn't get in the way of her loving me
-She always wants my best, even if it doesn't mean her best
-She wears a smaller size than I do!
-She's a feisty redhead
-She loves my children almost as much as she loves me- and that's a lot!
-She loved and loves being our mom
-She spoils me (and my husband and my children)
-She gets off any phone call when she sees my name on the caller id
-She loves sappy movies as much as I do
-She likes all the same foods I do
-She is as honest as the day is long
-When I sold jewelry, she went to as many of the shows as she could just to spend time with me
-She brought me lunch to school when I was a child and when I taught school
-She loves the Lord
Mom- I love you. You're the best.



2 comments:
Emily,
You are the very best daughter that any Mom could ever have, and I thank God for you every day! As you know, I always do as many things as I can at one time so your blog was already opening while I was reading your e-mail telling me to look at your blog - thank you for loving me as you do! The Lord has truly blessed your Dad and me with you, Josh, Rebekah, and Luke as well as Billy, Becky, and Riley Jane - what a privilege it is to have all you for my family!! Thank you for such a lovely tribute - please kiss Rebekah and Luke for Mamama!!
Mom
ahhh em that was super sweet!
love you
Post a Comment