Well, I decided it was time to update everyone on our future plans. We are for sure going to Scotland- to the University of Aberdeen! Josh will be pursuing his PhD in systematic theology- it should take 3-4 years and then who knows where we'll be! The program starts at the end of September and our visas only allow us to go 2 weeks early. So, the next update is that we sold our house! I love our house and our life here, but since we feel like going to Scotland is the next step, it's really cool to see all the pieces fall into place. We close at then end of this month, but will "lease" back for the month of June. We will move to TX for the summer and get some much-needed time with both our families. My brother and Becky are gracious enough to keep our furniture in their lovely home and store some boxes in their attic. So, we'll ship it down there via ABF. My mom is coming the last week of June to help us wrap things up and she'll fly back with Rebekah so as to save her from a 13-hour car trip. We'll sell Josh's car here to a friend and then drive back with Luke who will be nursing, so that should be interesting! We'll then unload in the Dallas-area and head off to Victoria, Josh's hometown for 3 or so weeks, where we'll live with his parents and Josh will be helping out at his dad's church. The, back to Dallas with my family.
So, that's the plan- bittersweet :)
And the winner is….
9 years ago



3 comments:
So exciting! I'm so glad that everything has worked out and will make the transition less stressful. We'll be in Dallas at the beginning of August so I'd love to see y'all!
Wow. So much to look forward to for your family! What an exciting adventure. I think it is so neat how I sit here and read this post and how it strikes me that God put each of these puzzle pieces in place for you. You'll have to keep blogging...would love to keep up with your family...
p.s. My dad was born in Victoria, though I don't know a lot about the place :)
Nana and Papa are counting the days until you are in Victoria!! We are so looking forward to your stay. So thankful the house will close and all other pieces are falling into place. We know the Lord has His hand in all your plans.
Nana Phyllis
Post a Comment