Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Darling Boy & Girl

Luke had an exceptional night last night! The past few nights have been getting progressively better sleep-wise. He has always slept at night, sometimes needing me to return for burping or a little more nursing, etc., but he has been good at wanting to sleep at night. However, he was getting up to eat a lot so it seemed, especially last week. Finally, we seem to have turned a corner- last night he slept from 9:30-4am!!!! It felt so good to get that much sleep in a row- plus, I was able to pump afterwards and get a bottles'-worth! You know that's worth gold to me!

So, after all that good sleep and a morning snoozer, Luke awoke very smiley with one little sad face- funny thing is he never cried, even with that lower lip! I am LOVING those killer dimples!







This was priceless- I so wish you could hear Bunny's voice...she sweetly looked at me and asked, "Wunt sum Mommy's drink?" It was caffiene-free Diet Pepsi- hoping she wouldn't like it and she would quit asking me every time I have a "pop" as Midwesterners call it, I said okay. She was shocked...and ecstatic. (see first pic) Then, she tried it...drum roll...her response, "YUUUMMY!!!!!! Wunt sum more Mommy's drink!" What?! Backfire to say the least. So, she got a few more sips and loved it (see second pic)

5 comments:

Carrie Sterner said...

Oh how I wished I had actually caught her first expression as she savored the flavor. Priceless shared first with you guys!

Still amazed at your smiling newborn!

Nana Phyllis said...

Love those dimples, can't wait to get one of those beautiful smiles.

Too funny with Bekah and the drink. So much for reverse psychology!! Now you will have to decide if this will just be a special treat!!

Nana Phyllis

Miss Mommy said...

It's definitely a special treat!!

Kristen E. said...

I love the pics! I laugh every time I read the things Rebekah says. She is too cute. Luke's dimples are to die for. I'm so going to miss you guys when you are gone. But I'm not thinking about that right now. Luv you guys!!

Shannon said...

I cannot believe how cutie pie Luke is! I am getting som jealous thinking about Matt getting to meet him this upcoming weekend.

Also, Rebes' hair is getting so long. She is so lovely.