Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Update on Big Girl Room

I am pleased to report that, for the most part, Rebekah has been sleeping well in her big girl bed! Nights have been flawless...she goes straight to sleep and even stays in her bed until I get her in the morning, even if it takes me a few minutes to go to the bathroom etc. Naps on the other hand are interesting... :) You may remember the first nap was awake a long time, asleep on the floor. The second nap was awake the same amount of time, but then she crawled back into her bed and took a great nap. I had told her if she slept in her big girl bed, she could have 2 M&M's after...she apparently remembered b/c she stayed in it til I got her and asked for the M&M's...I guess the M&M's weren't as exciting yesterday b/c she played in her room for 2 hours!!!! She refused to sleep, little nut. She was exhausted and a mess last night, so she went to bed early and seems better this am. We'll see what today holds...like I said before, I am shocked it is going as well as it is and am just praying for her to get adjusted quickly!

We have a new favorite book- a 1980 edition of Pete the Parakeet- Josh's first book he read aloud! She loves it and when it says to say hello to Pete, she grins and says "Hewo, Pete!" WE have to hide it sometimes just so we can do something else!

We also have a new favorite pastime- well, 2 actually- going downstairs to our cold, unfinished basement and playing around down there...and feeding Sammy treats! I'm not sure where she learned that one, but she loves to give Sammy a treat and even hand feeds him his morsels of food if he'll let her...it's so funny. I think she likes his tongue and how it tickles her...

I was also impressed with R the other day when we went to target- I outfitted her room months ago, so now of course some of the bedding is on sale! One of her decorative pillows was $6 instead of $24, so I grabbed it- Rebekah saw it and said "Bekah's bed! Bekah's big girl room! Bekah's pillow!" I was surprised she recognized it, then wasn't so surprised- she's a genius...

Oh my gosh! You will not believe it- as I was typing this I heard little footsteps going behind me...I guess I didn't close the door as well as I thought- we have antique doors and knobs, so the curse is that we can't open them to check on Rebekah without making a ton of noise, but the blessing is she can't open them yet. Anyway, that scared me to death!! I am still recovering...

I'll keep ya updated!

1 comment:

Nana Phyllis said...

We're continuing to pray for smooth transition to the new room. Hope your heartrate is now back to normal after the little footsteps behind you!! I'm sure her naps have been better these past two days. Glad the nights are going so well. She'll get the hang of it soon. Too cute about the pillow!! Tell Bekah we love her.

Nana & Papa