I need to keep paper in my car so I can write down all the funny things Rebekah says and does as we drive around and just enjoy our days together...
Here are some I can think of off the top of my head- just from the past 2-3 days...
As we drive, Rebekah insists I "drive!" even at red lights. So, I proceeded to explain to her that I had to wait until the light turned green. She quit telling me to drive. However, the second the light turned green, I got an emphatic "Light turned green- drive!" At least we're learning colors!
We also look for "red stop signs" anywhere we can, as well as any potential sightings of the Iowa River. R seems to have kind of figured out when we should pass the river, tho, and that it doesn't magically appear just anywhere.
Rebekah loves her big girl room- she gets "room time" every morning so "Mommy shower, Mommy dress." She loves this time- as I close the door each morning, I tell her I'll get her after my shower and to "have fun, Rebekah!" This afternoon, I was using the restroom and Rebekah strolled in and out, then closed the door from the outside- as she did it, she smiled at me around the closing door and said, "Have fun, Mommy!"
Today, as I pulled up to Sonic, Rebekah said "Diet Coke cherry and lime"....yikes!
She also knows a lot of her colors and is starting to count a little bit- she can guess which number should come next- like if I say, 1, 2,3,4,5, she might say 6....she also is getting good at changing singular things to plural, which is a form of counting in my book- like she'll say, "1 dragonfly, 2 dragonflies." Speaking of, she knows some random insects and really enjoys finding them in books! She is beginning to memorize her books- she'll say some of the shorter lines, such as "Bunny's yawning, too" when she sees we're on that page.
As we pulled up to the mall Monday (Josh's day off), she asked about the play area. We said, yes, that's why we came. She squealed and shouted "Excited!"
At Carrie's yesterday, all 5 kids were home for Spring Break- Rebekah LOVED it! She was blessed with great attention from Ewibabeth ( aka Elizabeth) and Hannah in particular, although all 5 kids were super-sweet to her and very inclusive- way to go, Scott and Carrie! She loved being a big kid with them- they even watched a funny video clip from the Incredibles online and Rebekah thought it was hilarious and even pointed as she laughed when she thought something was funny!
Maybe not my favorite thing is taking a 20-month-old to my weekly ob/gyn appts...she is a doll, but she gets very worried about me (so precious), even getting my blood pressure taken. She wanted to weigh with me today, but I didn't want the extra 26 pounds, thank you very much! Convincing her my urine sample wasn't apple juice was interesting, too...
Rebekah can now say "like it" with a happy face and "don't like it" with a sad face to explain her preferences...
She is also really into "this" and "that," altho she prefers "this" and "this one"- like she'll hold out her foot and say "this one" if she wants that shoe on, etc...
She's also into me holding things for her- I can't tell you how many times I get "Mommy hold the milk/puppy/the cheerios/etc..." The addition of "the" is new, too...
She is still my helper in the kitchen- favorite words there are "frosting, cake, flour, powdered sugar, sugar, cinnamon, brownies, blueberries, Mommy's drink, biscuit, hot coffee, and M&Ms."
She is still really lovey- lots of I love you's and hugs and kisses...she has a special bear hug that she calls a "Mommy hug." Hard not to adore her!
Sorry, no pics- I'll try to get some...
And the winner is….
9 years ago



6 comments:
Its so funny when they mimic you. The "have fun mommy" is great! Does she give her dolls "mommy hugs"?
What a fun little girl you have not to mention quite bright! What fun times you are having with your daughter - I'm so thrilled! I'm counting down the days till I come and looking forward to it -
Mom/Mamama
I LOVE that she knows your Sonic order! How cute is that???
"Mommy, there's Blue Baker/Jason's Deli/On the Border/Layne's/Double Dave's."
"Can we go out to eat tonight?"
"Do they have "girled" cheese there?"
So observant, our little ones.
I love you, Rebekah. God has given you great intelligence, love, and laughter to bless others and lead them to Christ. May you use all of your gifts for Him!
Diet Coke Cherry and Lime!! Awesome that she said that!! Eden used to yell out "I want a milk!" at the bank drive up window.
Post a Comment