Rebekah has been her usual funny self the past week! Lots of talking- shocking...she has gotten really opinionated and bossy...maybe that's not new...I saw her spank her Lamby in the car, while telling him "No, no, no, Lamby!"
She also is really into play-acting...she likes to strap her animals into all her various seats and cover them with blankets and feed them, etc...I even saw her lay out a towel, put her bunny on it, and then she asked to get a diaper (good girl!)...out of curiosity, I said yes, and then she proceeded to diaper Bunny's face....very sweet.
I had the privilege of getting a maternity massage yesterday thanks to my sister-in-law's(Rachel's) great gift idea for Christmas...Josh kept Rebekah of course and when I walked in afterwards, I got a delighted "Mommy!!!!!" Then, she said "Mommy got a massage..." Josh asked her, "What is a massage, Rebekah?" After a little reminder, she answered, "A special rubby-scratch!" :)
Rebekah is also getting really good at "right here, right there, this one, that one..." I love it!
Still enjoying Mommy hugs...in fact, a couple days ago, as I was laying her down for her nap, she stretched over to me, rubbed my face, and said, "I love you, Mommy." Oh my gosh.
New songs: Jesus Loves Me (aka "Jesus I know, Bible me so"), Have Patience (aka Have Pay-shensh- all sung very high-pitched), ABC's (aka ABCDEFG), & Mary has a little lamb (aka Mary, Mary, Mary, Mary, lamb).
New favorite books: still sticking with "the Bunny Book"- now added to the list,the "Shannon Morton book" (aka Tumbily Tumble Me given to us by you know who!)- it's a great book!
Rebes loved learning how to Easter egg hunt....she got to go to a city-sponsored hunt with her pal, David, last Friday...we missed the hunt, but David was kind enough to share his eggs with her. Thus, Rebekah learned that the eggs opened and there was chocolate inside. She tucked that little nugget away...then, on Easter day, we hunted for eggs at Grace's house...Grace was precious, but Rebekah threw a fit b/c she saw all the "hidden" eggs and knew what was coming...apparently the "have patience" song had not done the trick...she did not want to wait! Grace loved getting each egg and organizing them...Rebekah did one egg at a time and worked on opening it and procuring the treasures inside...a little sugar rush! ;) Then, that afternoon, the Sterners (Carrie's family) invited us over to do a 3rd hunt...Rebekah had a blast! She loves all the activity over there!
She wanted to drive...

Walking into Olive Garden with Aaron Sterner...which reminds me- the other day she told me Lamby was eatsy...I asked her what he was eatsy for...she thought, then replied, "Olives and strawberries!" You know those are her 2 faves right now... :)
She insists on sitting "couch- next Dada" for Backyardigan watching...so sweet!
Strapping Lamby into the stroller...he apparently was cold...
Playing with David at the mall...
Playing with Grace's bunny ears on Easter...
Easter egg hunts...it was 30 degrees...




Her one sweet moment at Grace's...
She just spied an egg on a shelf on the wall...so observant!



4 comments:
Did the first pic go with application to Aberdeen??? Too Cute. Love all the egg hunting activity and all the new vocabulary being put together in sentences. Can't wait to see you all four in a couple of weeks.
Nana Phyllis
Wow! 3 Easter egg hunts......that is a lot of sugar. Hope all is well in Iowa....we hear that there is still some snow???!!! I think that the next post should include an update about Roscoe.
cute em! we didn't even do one easter egg hunt- don't tell the twins though! :)
LOVE the props, but more importantly LOVE LOVE this little Easter bunny who is no longer a baby, but rapidly becoming a little girl. Crazy!!
Post a Comment