She continues to delight us- we are amazed at her ever-expanding vocabulary and understanding of context. Today at lunch, she figured out that someone doing an impersonation was being funny and so she said, "Dave's so funny!" and began to laugh...I know I'm the proud mom, but that seems pretty smart to me!
Rebekah also has figured out where the baby will sit in the car and points to the empty seat and says, "Baby's carseat!"
Another great one- my mom (aka Mamama) introduced her to peppermints a while back...anyway, Rebekah loves them and after every TX trip, I have to avoid them altogether to break her of the habit... :) it's not that I mind, I just get tired of biting off mints for her...anyway, this week, Rebekah convinced herself that I was eating a mint- let me tell you, that girl is good- she even recognizes the sound of the paper coming off the mint- however, I truly did not have a mint at this time. So, I said "I don't have a peppermint, Rebekah" and I showed her my tongue. She looked at Josh, who told her the same thing. To confirm this, I said, "No one has a peppermint right now." She looked thoughtful for a minute and then confidently said, "Mamama has peppermint." I reluctantly agreed. :)

Another cold day in Iowa...
Did you know that West-Mex existed?



2 comments:
You certainly don't see West-Mex in Texas!!! Too Funny. I love the new look of the blog. New look for a new addition to the Malone family? Bekah is too cute in the crib. Can't wait to see her in a month - WOW! Can't believe little brother will be here that soon. Much love to all from south Texas.
Nana and Papa
I'm certainly impressed that she said Mamama has peppermint - how well Rebekah knows me! I too am looking forward to time in Iowa City next month with you guys!
Post a Comment