This is Emily's blog for posting cute pics and relevant info for Rebekah and Luke, as well as our adventure in Aberdeen, Scotland!
Monday, July 30, 2007
A Couple More of Side Pony Tail....
Carrie sent me these from the day at her house last week ...so cute! I forgot to mention that Carrie was the one styling Rebekah's out-of-control hair. What would have taken me hours and cost Rebekah many, many tears took Carrie- wait for it--- 15 seconds! She waltzed in with 2 combs- she knows my daughter so well- Rebekah, of course, immediately grabbed the extra comb and Carrie set to work!
I'm so glad you devoted a post to the side ponytail because I HAD noticed it in the last pics but didn't want to drone on and on about how cute it was. And now I am free to do so! I love it and love that she is getting more hair. No doubt it will get thicker one of these days, and you will find yourself pulling it back into a full ponytail! Wow!!
Hi Em :) I cannot thank you enough for posting your replies on my blog! (and for your prayers!!) ..and though you thought your response wasn't encouraging, it was just what I needed to hear and was looking for. I was sooooo tired of hearing, "You just need to wait it out -- it'll get better when their bigger -- gotta toughen up -- try this, try that, read this book" etc. I really just wanted to hear someone say, "Let it go" -- which was just what you said. Thank you so much for putting yourself out there for a total stranger ;) (and I do know what Jamie you're taking about -- though we've met, Jamie and I haven't actually interacted much in person, which is the strange and funny thing about our world today. I know her mainly through blogging, facebook, and email.) :) Things in particular hit home when you talked about finding identity in something other than Christ -- how easy and how quickly I can get off track. It seems so silly to me that I would try and find my identity in his naps. (?!) But that's totally what I've been doing.
Anyway, thank you so much. I wanted to post this here on your blog in case you didn't check back on your comments. And thank you for praying. Thank you so much for praying. Looking forward to getting to know you and your little R via blogging. :)
Love the pony! Also glad to hear she's been having such good days. That will tide you over for your trip. Gayle is so lucky to be going back to Iowa City this week!!
Rebekah looks so adorable!! I printed those pictures for you and will give to you in person tomorrow to take with you on your trip!! Can't wait to see you - lunch together tomorrow!!!! Much love, Mom
7 comments:
Those are pretty stinkin' cute. Sorry to say it, but she's definitely a little girl now...the baby look is gone!
I'm so glad you devoted a post to the side ponytail because I HAD noticed it in the last pics but didn't want to drone on and on about how cute it was. And now I am free to do so! I love it and love that she is getting more hair. No doubt it will get thicker one of these days, and you will find yourself pulling it back into a full ponytail! Wow!!
Thanks, girls! You have made my day via your comments! I agree fully with you both!
Hi Em :) I cannot thank you enough for posting your replies on my blog! (and for your prayers!!) ..and though you thought your response wasn't encouraging, it was just what I needed to hear and was looking for. I was sooooo tired of hearing, "You just need to wait it out -- it'll get better when their bigger -- gotta toughen up -- try this, try that, read this book" etc. I really just wanted to hear someone say, "Let it go" -- which was just what you said. Thank you so much for putting yourself out there for a total stranger ;) (and I do know what Jamie you're taking about -- though we've met, Jamie and I haven't actually interacted much in person, which is the strange and funny thing about our world today. I know her mainly through blogging, facebook, and email.) :) Things in particular hit home when you talked about finding identity in something other than Christ -- how easy and how quickly I can get off track. It seems so silly to me that I would try and find my identity in his naps. (?!) But that's totally what I've been doing.
Anyway, thank you so much. I wanted to post this here on your blog in case you didn't check back on your comments. And thank you for praying. Thank you so much for praying. Looking forward to getting to know you and your little R via blogging. :)
YEAH i'm so pumped that you guys got connected! love you both!
Love the pony! Also glad to hear she's been having such good days. That will tide you over for your trip. Gayle is so lucky to be going back to Iowa City this week!!
Rebekah looks so adorable!! I printed those pictures for you and will give to you in person tomorrow to take with you on your trip!! Can't wait to see you - lunch together tomorrow!!!!
Much love,
Mom
Post a Comment