Sunday, July 01, 2007

Jazzfest

We met the Kampmans and their kids at Jazzfest today. Here are some pics so you can see a little of our city...the first one is downtown, the second is the old capitol building (IC used to be the capitol), and the 3rd is downtown again. Besides constantly chasing 3 toddlers/crawlers, it was very relaxing and fun- kind of felt like the fair because of the food on a stick, which Rebes did actually eat!





This was last night's pool party - here is the Rebekah bear crawl in action...she tends to bear crawl on harder surfaces, such as wood floors or concrete. A normal kid would choose grass, but Rebekah is drawn to cement, much to her detriment most of the time!

Not a lot of swimming per se...mostly her clinging to me in the water...don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting laps around the pool or anything, just a little more bravery in the the baby-friendly floaties...not so much- in fact, Rebekah clung to me the tightest she ever has (with this morning's nursery drop-off as the only exception, don't even get me started- she made every happy baby sob by the time she was done..I believe I get the greatest mom ever award today) as long as we were in the water...other than that, I got the occasional drive-by as she chased cicadas (I think?), ate sand, perused the perimeter of the yard where there were deer for crying out loud!, and played with just about anything that wasn't designed to be a toy. I'm not sure we're even going to go through the trauma of putting on a swimsuit next time...maybe I'll drop those last few pounds just chasing her around the pool! Speaking of, there was no fence around the pool...I miss TX law! So, yes, Mom, Josh and I were very vigilant...

A brief respite from all the activity...



Rebekah loves to play with the gate, but sometimes she gets stuck! Okay, is it just me or does she look 3?

She also gets impatient if I don't chase her fast enough! This is her confirming that I am paying attention to her departure, as if I'm not eating it up!

Um, yeah...she grabbed my straw out of my not so-coffee-coffee...how do you say no to that face when she swivels around in the stroller and signs please?

4 babies in a tub!
3 babies in a burley! (This is how we got to downtown today- Josh pulled her (not the twins) as we rode in...so fun and very few hills- praise the Lord!

4 comments:

Smiley Jane said...

What fun! Never a dull moment around there. She is soooo tall. I thought the same exact thing about the baby gate pic. She does look three! Pink is her color! Beautiful.

Michelle said...

I think the one of her in the sand is my fav this round! Although I think it is pretty awesome that she only crawls on hard surfaces... soft ones are for babies! Which she clearly is not! ;)

Miss Mommy said...

Oh, my faithful commenters- thanks! Bec- she was as tall as a 2 1/2 yr old at the mall and, no, he was not a dwarf!

The Knorr's said...

Love the bear crawl! :) What a cutie you have...sure wish I could meet her (and hang with y'all).