Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I just wanted to say happy day to Josh, my dad, and his dad! I won't do them justice here, I know, but here is a little something for each.

Josh

You are a wonderful father to Rebekah and Luke. We didn't have kids until we were both ready, and it has been wonderful feeling fully supported the whole journey. You are a sweet daddy, a wise one, and a loving one. The kids LOVE you, as evidenced today by both- but especially little man, who chanted your name from the back seat. They know you are the "fun" one, and I love that.

I thought maybe you'd like to see last year's "present"- yes, the baby boy and the shirt.

This year, he wore a decidedly feminine romper that says "Daddy is my hero." Unfortunately, due to me giving him a "Dumb & Dumber" haircut in the spirit of saving money (uh oh), I didn't really want to show it quite yet. :)

Dad

I am so proud of you, Dad! I love talking to you because you always surprise me. I love how much you serve other people and how you are willing to do almost everything (French doors being the exception) for those you love. I have loved watching you on mission trips and seeing your talents come out. I love watching you with babies, especially mine. You are so patient and so willing to do whatever they (or their mothers) need, regardless of your own desires or time-restraints. You are so creative, so smart! You taught me a lot of things.



Mike

You and Phyllis are like second parents to me. I thought you didn't like me the first time we met b/c you said, "Well (patting me on the shoulder), hope to see ya again." I had no idea at the time that those were strong words from Mike Malone! Being Josh's wife, I can tell you that I appreciate the kind of father you were. Josh is an excellent steward and that is because of you! We have always had enough money, even in tough times, because of how you modeled and instructed Josh on use of money- tithe always comes first, then bills, then savings, then "extra" money. You also are a wonderful husband and Josh has followed in your footsteps there, too. You and Josh are so even-tempered, too. So, I guess I am thanking you for my own husband!

1 comment:

Kate E. said...

I thought Luke's hair looked cute today! I noticed he had a trim. Just post the pics! :)