You simply have to see my Hamburglar...
Yesterday Josh went to a conference. It was funny- 4 of us left-behind wives/moms all separately realized, with joy, that we didn't have to cook dinner! For my family, this meant we could and should go out! I promised Rebes the HUB (Subway inside it) and realized at 5:35 that it closed during the summer at 5:30. Oops. No car because Josh had it, so no Burger King. That left a very disappointed little girl or a bus ride to downtown for McDs. You know me. You know what I chose. Now, I have rarely ridden the bus here and never with both kids by myself- and certainly not at 5:45, where the kids' moods are anyone's guess. It was raining pretty hard and I don't have a rain cover for the easy umbrella stroller. That left the double stroller, which is cumbersome for a bus. I threw the kids in it and we strolled down the hill, peeking to see if the bus was coming. Indeed it was and I raced across the street and caught it literally in the nick of time! You need to know that controlling a wheeled item on the bus that zooms to and from stops was trickier than I imagined. I kept both kids in it, braked it, and held on for dear life. Luckily, the bus stops right at McDonalds and we had a great dinner....except where Rebekah asked me "Why does he have brown parts?" and I didn't hear her and said "What?" so she asked louder "Why does that man have brown parts?" pointing to a Nigerian man. I quietly said, "That's the way God made him" and never looked at him. Awesome. See below. She ate every bite.
We managed to do the exact same thing on the way back- catch the bus as it was pulling up! This is phenomenal, people! This time, I held Luke, not wanting to press my luck. He was a gem and a charmer. We made it there and back (and ate of course) in an hour- crazy!!
The same 4 women also all grieved that it was bath night with no husbands to help. However, I can't speak for the others, but I had THIS precious face to encourage me to do it. (Is anyone thinking how can that baby be in the 20th % for weight? Do you see him?) I seriously fall in love with my kids while looking at my own blog. They really are this cute.
You just never know when Bekah ("Baba") is going to come at you...
Still flinching. Poor baby.
Typical Aberdeen...you may think, OOh! Blue skies! But, lurking in the clouds on the left, is a rain cloud, ready to ruin any park plans you might have had...
So, we went to ASDA and these were my precious kids. Seriously, such good sports!...and looking quite sporty, I might say.
Oh- by the way, my sister-in-law started a blog for our recipes! The first entry looked delicious and easy! I added mine from a few months ago that I posted on this blog. From here on out, though, check out our recipe blog for a little inspiration!
p.s. Side note here- after the "brown parts" incident, R has been particularly attentive to her own skin color, which she evidently believes to be orange. I know this because she picked out her own socks today (yellow and orange stripes) to match her shirt (yellow) and herself (orange).
p.p.s. I burped yesterday (not very loud even) and Rebekah goes, "Wow, Mom! Was that YOU? That was pretty solid."



7 comments:
Is a Rebekah actually wearing mittens? I am pretty sure in negative degree Iowa she didn't wear mittens!
Oh you guys crack me up! I am glad you can document all Rebekah's says!
Miss you!
HA HAA!!! Made me laugh...yellow to match the outfit and orange to match her skin. Quite the fashionista...very UK. UK right?
You do have precious children Em! The bus ride sounds like quite an adventure -
I really really want to kiss those little man cheeks. He is simply adorable but what else would I expect. i only wish the picture would blow up to full size on my computer screen. Then he would be life size.
Ok, Rebekah makes me laugh! She is so your kid...."solid!" I can't wait visit more with her. We should set up a skype date soon!
I'm definitely bookmarking your recipe blog...not that I'll cook any of it b/c it will probably be too tricky...but I'll look at it all and think hmm, I wish I was eating that (and that I only had to do the dishes and not cook it). Miss you roomie!
I am so impressed that you did the bus thing with all the gear! I love the pics of Luke taking a bath. Man he's cute. I was cracking up over R's sock matching skills, so out of curiousity, I asked Josie what color she was. She said light brownish black.
You are right that they really are that cute. I wish I could enjoy a little Luke Malone smile in person. What a charmer!! And Rebes is too fun. Love them and love you!!
Remember: God is always with you -this is what we say to Elizabeth(even when your husband is not. - this is what I'm thinking to myself) :)
Post a Comment